Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Christine24
    • By Christine24 10th Nov 18, 5:16 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Christine24
    After exchange of contracts
    • 10th Nov 18, 5:16 PM
    After exchange of contracts 10th Nov 18 at 5:16 PM
    Hello,
    We have exchanged contracts on a New build, and paid 10% deposit we have paid to have extras. and are doing the snagging next week
    as we were there having measurements done they were showing people around our house. We did not think this would happen. we bought it off plan and have chosen everything from scratch and do not want people in viewing our property. Sales office have said this is allowed, does anyone have any info
    Last edited by Christine24; 10-11-2018 at 5:44 PM. Reason: spelling
Page 1
    • G_M
    • By G_M 10th Nov 18, 5:19 PM
    • 45,869 Posts
    • 55,362 Thanks
    G_M
    • 10th Nov 18, 5:19 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 5:19 PM
    I'm afraid it is not your property yet. It is theirs.

Though I sympathise......
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 10th Nov 18, 5:21 PM
    • 9,070 Posts
    • 9,656 Thanks
    davidmcn
    • 10th Nov 18, 5:21 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 5:21 PM
    We did not think this would happen. we bought it off plan and have chosen everythong from scratch and do not want people in viewing our property.
    Originally posted by Christine24
    It's not your property, it's their property. It's your property after completion. Until then they can do what they want with it, as long as they hand it over in the condition it's meant to be according to your contract.
    • Christine24
    • By Christine24 10th Nov 18, 5:27 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Christine24
    • 10th Nov 18, 5:27 PM
    Thanks
    • 10th Nov 18, 5:27 PM
    Thanks for such a quick reply, Just thought as we have paid a 10% deposit and paid up front for extras we don't want people in touching everything
    Last edited by Christine24; 10-11-2018 at 5:29 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
    • middleclassbutpoor
    • By middleclassbutpoor 10th Nov 18, 5:37 PM
    • 380 Posts
    • 321 Thanks
    middleclassbutpoor
    • 10th Nov 18, 5:37 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 5:37 PM
    It's not your house until completion but the builder will only be trying to sell more houses as we did this a couple of times when the showhome wasn't the type of house we were looking for, they would say "we have one that you can look round, its not yet finished or is in the middle of being finished but you can have a look around if you want to"

The sooner they sell the houses the better for you in the long run....
    • AdrianC
    • By AdrianC 10th Nov 18, 5:58 PM
    • 19,096 Posts
    • 17,486 Thanks
    AdrianC
    • 10th Nov 18, 5:58 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 5:58 PM
    If you hadn't chosen your extras yet, and the sales people said "Well, those doors/tiles/whatever have just been installed in one of the properties, would you like to see what they look like in the flesh?"... would you be glad of the opportunity...?
    • gamemodapk
    • By gamemodapk 10th Nov 18, 6:07 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    gamemodapk
    • 10th Nov 18, 6:07 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 6:07 PM
    On the off chance that you hadn't picked your additional items yet, and the business people said "Well, those entryways/tiles/whatever have quite recently been introduced in one of the properties, might you want to perceive what they look like in the flesh?"... okay be happy of the opportunity...?
    • AdrianC
    • By AdrianC 10th Nov 18, 6:09 PM
    • 19,096 Posts
    • 17,486 Thanks
    AdrianC
    • 10th Nov 18, 6:09 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 6:09 PM
    okay be happy of the opportunity...?
    Originally posted by gamemodapk
    There y'go, then. That's somebody else's flat you're being shown around.
    • paulinefromtheuk
    • By paulinefromtheuk 11th Nov 18, 1:38 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    paulinefromtheuk
    • 11th Nov 18, 1:38 PM
    • 11th Nov 18, 1:38 PM
    Hi. Like others have said, it's not your property until completion and the new stuff/extras you ordered should be undamaged and working as it's a new build but you can't stop people going into it if the sellers want to use your next home as an advert.
    • badger09
    • By badger09 11th Nov 18, 4:09 PM
    • 6,378 Posts
    • 5,786 Thanks
    badger09
    On the off chance that you hadn't picked your additional items yet, and the business people said "Well, those entryways/tiles/whatever have quite recently been introduced in one of the properties, might you want to perceive what they look like in the flesh?"... okay be happy of the opportunity...?
    Originally posted by gamemodapk
    A cursory look at OP's responses on several other threads had me

google translate ain't what it used to be

I'm calling but will wait a short while so others can also have a chuckle
    • shortcrust
    • By shortcrust 11th Nov 18, 4:20 PM
    • 2,149 Posts
    • 3,311 Thanks
    shortcrust
    After I exchanged on my non new property and paid my deposit there was still someone living there for a week. It was their home as much as it was the week before. They could have hosted nightly roller discos and there’s nothing I could have done about it (other than boogie on down).
    • badger09
    • By badger09 11th Nov 18, 4:31 PM
    • 6,378 Posts
    • 5,786 Thanks
    badger09
    A cursory look at OP's responses on several other threads had me

google translate ain't what it used to be

I'm calling but will wait a short while so others can also have a chuckle
    Originally posted by badger09
    Apologies to OP for veering even more off topic, but thought I'd share

This is a post by trailingspouse yesterday
    "On a separate post, a couple of weeks ago, someone was criticised for asking what the score would be financially if he (hypothetically) married and then divorced. He was shot down in flames for being unromantic.
    But I made the point on that thread, and I'll make it again here - real life is not like a Disney movie. We all need to get much more clued-up about precisely how being married will affect us financially, and have those conversations with the people we want to share our life with.

I think you, OP, have had that conversation, and the two of you are being very straightforward with each other about wanting to retain your financial independence. Unfortunately the system isn't set up to cope with it"

This is
    gamemodapk's version shortly afterwards
    "On a different post, a little while prior, somebody was reprimanded for asking what the score would be fiscally on the off chance that he (theoretically) wedded and afterwards separated. He was shot down on fire for being unromantic. However, I made the point on that string, and I'll make it again here - genuine isn't care for a Disney motion picture. We as a whole need to get considerably more enlightened up about correctly how being hitched will influence us monetarily and have those discussions with the general population we need to impart our life too. I think you, OP, have had that discussion, and you two are by and large extremely clear with one another about needing to hold your money related freedom. Sadly the framework isn't set up to adapt to it".

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

544Posts Today

5,710Users online

Martin's Twitter