Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Beat Rat
    • By Beat Rat 10th Nov 18, 4:00 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Beat Rat
    Estate agents For Sale signage rules Northern Ireland.
    • 10th Nov 18, 4:00 PM
    Estate agents For Sale signage rules Northern Ireland. 10th Nov 18 at 4:00 PM
    Hi all.
    Question regarding estate agents for sale sign placement here in Northern Ireland.
    At the entrance to our estate local estate agents have taken to erecting for sale signage relating to properties within the estate. At first they were constantly erecting them on my property which lead to me having to email them on a regular basis to have them removed. Now it seems they are using the lamppost next to my property to advertise the properties. This may sound trivial but it is an eyesore and spoils my view from our house over the countryside ( one of the factors in us buying the property initially).
    Does anyone know if they are acting within the law or regulation's and if so who do I contact to resolve the issue apart from the five different estate agents.
Page 1
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 10th Nov 18, 4:17 PM
    • 9,076 Posts
    • 9,669 Thanks
    davidmcn
    • 10th Nov 18, 4:17 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 4:17 PM
    Can't quote chapter and verse but it's almost certainly illegal to attach stuff to (presumably public?) lampposts - so you could try asking the council.

Or just remove the signs yourself. They certainly don't have a right to use public property / other people's property for their signs.
    • googler
    • By googler 10th Nov 18, 4:35 PM
    • 14,886 Posts
    • 9,773 Thanks
    googler
    • 10th Nov 18, 4:35 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 4:35 PM
    The local council roads/highways dept may well have something to say about stuff attached to "street furniture".

The council's planning dept may find that it's in breach of planning regulations.
    • gamemodapk
    • By gamemodapk 10th Nov 18, 6:14 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    gamemodapk
    • 10th Nov 18, 6:14 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 6:14 PM
    The nearby committee streets/parkways dept may well have a comment about stuff appended to "road furniture".
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

166Posts Today

1,200Users online

Martin's Twitter