Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bflare
    • By bflare 10th Nov 18, 3:19 PM
    • 129Posts
    • 64Thanks
    bflare
    Can a EA let to someone else before you move in?
    • 10th Nov 18, 3:19 PM
    Can a EA let to someone else before you move in? 10th Nov 18 at 3:19 PM
    I viewed a place around 6 weeks ago and paid 200 reference fee. I passed the checks and the agent said I was scheduled to move in on 23rd of November and the deposit and one month rent must be paid before then for the keys are to be handed over. I said ok and asked for the bank details. I also got a copy of the agreement in my name. I've heard nothing else from the agent and I was going to pay the deposit and rent next week. So a week before due to move in.

The house was taken off of the property website Zoopla but was left on the estate agents site and the To let sign has been on the house up until today. The signs been taken down and I'm a little worried that because I've not paid the deposit they may have let it to someone else.
    Is this possible? They are closed now until Monday to ask.
Page 2
    • bflare
    • By bflare 10th Nov 18, 6:56 PM
    • 129 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    bflare
    Signs won't get taken down the minute a request is made for it to be done.

The person that drives round dealing with the signs will wait until they have a few in one area before heading out to be more cost effective.
    Originally posted by Slithery

Ah right so they may of asked after I passed the checks & the company has only just got round to taking it down. That maybe why the sign was never changed to "Let By"?
    • bflare
    • By bflare 12th Nov 18, 11:39 AM
    • 129 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    bflare
    Contacted the Estate Agent this morning & I was worrying for nothing. The property is mine. Thanks for all your replies.
    • G_M
    • By G_M 12th Nov 18, 11:46 AM
    • 45,838 Posts
    • 55,288 Thanks
    G_M
    Contacted the Estate Agent this morning & I was worrying for nothing. The property is mine. Thanks for all your replies.
    Originally posted by bflare
    Glad it all worked out & thanks for letting us know.

I still suggest you go in and get the tenancy agreement signed (unless there is a chance you might want to pull out!)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

257Posts Today

3,678Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @laurawithers84: @MartinSLewis Our school is going to use your book for our new finance fortnight for year 8 students. We thought we wou?

• RT @katiejane13uk: ????????IMPORTANT - CALLING ALL LEASEHOLDERS TO COMPLETE???????? @mhclg Leasehold Reform Consultation closes this month. This is the?

• Just sent a text about postgrad loans. My Swype text auto-corrected it to pothead loans. Does it know something I don't?

• Follow Martin