Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dantheman2018
    • By dantheman2018 10th Nov 18, 2:43 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    dantheman2018
    Westcot
    • 10th Nov 18, 2:43 PM
    Westcot 10th Nov 18 at 2:43 PM
    Im a newbie here and just after some advise, first off what a night mare this site is to start up! Its not user friendly at all!
    I had a brilliant credit score until last year when something happened to my partner, i was unable to pay some of my bills. i choose which ones i thought would be easy to deal with not repaying. I decided to hold off on a bank loan and a loan with zopa. After lengthy phones calls zopa was brilliant and have put me on a lower payment plan with renews every six months and my bank sold my loan which is 6k to a company called westcot ive not made contact with these yet its been almost a year. I get the phone calls and the letters but i just ignore them. I have every intention to repay my dept i alway do i still have a car on finance and many other things im repaying, im going to try and hold off with westcot until my car is clear. Any way my advice im after is what can westcot actually do. it wasn't a secured loan and ive checked my credit report last night.i have the defaults with the two above on file now and its ruined my credit history. I do not have a ccj against me or that i know about will wescot issue one ? And if my credit file is now ruined i see now point in rushing to pay them.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 10th Nov 18, 3:22 PM
    • 19,362 Posts
    • 20,688 Thanks
    zx81
    • 10th Nov 18, 3:22 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 3:22 PM
    The point in rushing to pay them is that you can start to rebuild your credit history.

I'd advise you to contact them and make a repayment plan. It will be better than rushing to head off the CCJ when it arrives. If they get one, you'll need to pay in full to avoid it going onto your file.

A judge is unlikely to award a CCJ if the debtor is showing signs of co-operation.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 10th Nov 18, 4:33 PM
    • 15,718 Posts
    • 14,783 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 10th Nov 18, 4:33 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 4:33 PM
    Wescot credit services limited no longer buy debts, they just mange them for there client banks.

Your loan will still be with the original bank, although wescot have been tasked to collect it on there behalf.

Wescot cannot do anything without the clients say so.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Free Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • dantheman2018
    • By dantheman2018 10th Nov 18, 5:49 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dantheman2018
    • 10th Nov 18, 5:49 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 5:49 PM
    Cool i did a google search about westcot thats all. Il give them a call thanks
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 10th Nov 18, 8:02 PM
    • 32,921 Posts
    • 20,732 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 10th Nov 18, 8:02 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 8:02 PM
    Im a newbie here and just after some advise, first off what a night mare this site is to start up! Its not user friendly at all!
    Originally posted by dantheman2018

In what way did you not find it being user friendly ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,408Posts Today

7,148Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Today's twitter poll: The 585 page draft agreement of the withdrawal of the UK from the EU has been published. A? https://t.co/8YLkPyzqYM

• Follow Martin