Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ladleboy
    • By Ladleboy 10th Nov 18, 2:21 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Ladleboy
    Swap cards regularly?
    • 10th Nov 18, 2:21 PM
    Swap cards regularly? 10th Nov 18 at 2:21 PM
    Morning all,

First post so be gentle......

Basic background. Full time working couple who use CC,s as a way of earning cash back. Always pay monthly bill off in full.

Have just swapped from a Tesco CC to the Amex platinum cash back card with the 25 annual fee. We spend around 20k a year on it and the 65 vouchers we received this month didnt seem a fair return hence the swap to Amex.

Looking to use this card to get the full use of the 5% cash back and then maybe move on?

Do you think thats wise or with our spending were best to stay?

If we move on any recommendations?

And finally, with so many active credit cards will this adversely affect our credit scores?

Many thanks for the help.

Shaun.
Page 1
    • redux
    • By redux 10th Nov 18, 2:33 PM
    • 18,635 Posts
    • 24,890 Thanks
    redux
    • 10th Nov 18, 2:33 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 2:33 PM
    Does Tesco award proportionately more points to its debit cards than its credit cards?

I don't know, but it might be worth checking. Maybe it's only true for shopping at Tesco, again I don't know.

Using the Clubcard points against its boost offers can treble their value. I'll be doing that to pay for part of a ferry fare shortly.
    Last edited by redux; 10-11-2018 at 2:36 PM.
    • zx81
    • By zx81 10th Nov 18, 3:01 PM
    • 19,328 Posts
    • 20,630 Thanks
    zx81
    • 10th Nov 18, 3:01 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 3:01 PM
    And finally, with so many active credit cards will this adversely affect our credit scores?
    Originally posted by Ladleboy
    You only seem to have two cards. You would need a lot more than that before lenders would be concerned, especially as you're not carrying debt. Your credit score is irrelevant and should be ignored.

I'd aim for a minimum of three or four cards so you have backups.
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 10th Nov 18, 3:21 PM
    • 2,552 Posts
    • 1,435 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 10th Nov 18, 3:21 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 3:21 PM
    Already posted

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5922217
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

290Posts Today

4,370Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @laurawithers84: @MartinSLewis Our school is going to use your book for our new finance fortnight for year 8 students. We thought we wou?

• RT @katiejane13uk: ????????IMPORTANT - CALLING ALL LEASEHOLDERS TO COMPLETE???????? @mhclg Leasehold Reform Consultation closes this month. This is the?

• Just sent a text about postgrad loans. My Swype text auto-corrected it to pothead loans. Does it know something I don't?

• Follow Martin