Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Moretti1985
    • By Moretti1985 10th Nov 18, 6:41 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Moretti1985
    Will having a loan affect us being able to move house?
    • 10th Nov 18, 6:41 AM
    Will having a loan affect us being able to move house? 10th Nov 18 at 6:41 AM
    Hi new here so sorry if this has been posted before. Basically I want to take out a loan of 5000 over 3 years which I have worked out I can afford the repayments comfortably. However we are looking to move house next year and was wondering whether this loan would affect our ability to? Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • BakingC
    • By BakingC 10th Nov 18, 7:10 AM
    • 48 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    BakingC
    • 10th Nov 18, 7:10 AM
    • 10th Nov 18, 7:10 AM
    Are you renting or looking to buy a house?

If you are renting there is nothing stopping you as you aren't looking for any more credit.

Mortgage will depend on how much deposit you have / how much you are looking to borrow and the value of the property you are looking for as if you have a high LTV (90-95%) and additional loans on top you may struggle to find a lender as they will worry about affordability if interest rates increase.
    Best option would be to talk to a broker who could find the best deal for you in your situation if you decide to take out the loan.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,097Posts Today

7,119Users online

Martin's Twitter