Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Npom
    • By Npom 10th Nov 18, 4:53 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Npom
    0 WOW
    Valet airport car parking has had the keys to my car stolen at heathrow
    • 10th Nov 18, 4:53 AM
    0 WOW
    Valet airport car parking has had the keys to my car stolen at heathrow 10th Nov 18 at 4:53 AM
    Actually my parents car.

On returning from holiday they were met at the airport by a representative of the company who apologized that they had a break in and their car keys were stolen. They then drove them home, collected the spare keys and will drop car off today.

Anyone had experience of this happening? Surely they must change the locks of the car now and at the parking companies expense?? Any info greatly appreciated

Thanks

Niall
Page 1
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 10th Nov 18, 7:35 AM
    • 38,116 Posts
    • 160,285 Thanks
    silvercar
    • 10th Nov 18, 7:35 AM
    • 10th Nov 18, 7:35 AM
    I would like to think the valet car parking company had insurance to cover this.

Out of interest, was this the airport's official valet car parking company?
    • photome
    • By photome 10th Nov 18, 9:23 AM
    • 13,584 Posts
    • 9,091 Thanks
    photome
    • 10th Nov 18, 9:23 AM
    • 10th Nov 18, 9:23 AM
    if its one of those dodgy off airport places that park your car miles away, i would be worried unless the locks and ignition are changed

Have they said they will pay for that
    • Voyager2002
    • By Voyager2002 10th Nov 18, 9:24 AM
    • 12,504 Posts
    • 8,544 Thanks
    Voyager2002
    • 10th Nov 18, 9:24 AM
    • 10th Nov 18, 9:24 AM
    Actually my parents car.

On returning from holiday they were met at the airport by a representative of the company who apologized that they had a break in and their car keys were stolen. They then drove them home, collected the spare keys and will drop car off today.

Anyone had experience of this happening? Surely they must change the locks of the car now and at the parking companies expense?? Any info greatly appreciated

Thanks

Niall
    Originally posted by Npom

I think the correct answer is to ask their motor insurance company: however they should first consider whether that would affect their no-claims bonus.
    • Npom
    • By Npom 10th Nov 18, 12:29 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Npom
    • 10th Nov 18, 12:29 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 12:29 PM
    Thanks. No was an unofficial one, looks dodgy to me. WCP meet and greet, some terrible write ups on trust pilot and no website I can see. It all goes through @wecompareparking.com
    • Npom
    • By Npom 10th Nov 18, 12:31 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Npom
    • 10th Nov 18, 12:31 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 12:31 PM
    Not official. WCP parking, can't find a website for them which doesn't bode well. All through a "comparison site"
    • Stephic
    • By Stephic 12th Nov 18, 6:48 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Stephic
    • 12th Nov 18, 6:48 AM
    Same happened to me!
    • 12th Nov 18, 6:48 AM
    Hi Niall,
    Yes the same had happened to me.
    I landed at heathrow on Saturday after a 12 hour flight. I phoned WCP to let them know i was ready to have my car dropped off - they told me my key had been stolen and I had 2 options 1) get a family member to bring my spare key or 2) hire a car and get it myself and then drive back. WCP said they would pay for the car hire.

I had to go for option 2 as my family are all on holiday too!
    We hired a car but it took us a couple of hours - 4 out of 5 car rental companies had no cars. We finally got one from europcar who only had 3 cars left anyway! I got home at 00.45 and had been awake for over 24 hours now.

I explained to the dispatcher that I wouldn't be able to come back to heathrow until today (monday) and he said this was ok - I told him I'd have to take a day off work monday so I'd be billing them for loss of earnings. He agreed.

I asked him about replacing my key and he was really vague about the process. I said I'd be claiming it all back to which he agreed.

I have sent 3 emails - no reply yet.
    I rang them again yesterday and spoke to someone called Tom who said everything I was claiming for would be honoured.
    No one will give me the crime reference number though and no one is answering my emails.
    I have no idea how to proceed?
    What have they said to you?
    • Stephic
    • By Stephic 12th Nov 18, 6:53 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Stephic
    • 12th Nov 18, 6:53 AM
    • 12th Nov 18, 6:53 AM
    They told us that 200 keys had been stolen. 32 had been recovered but mine wasn't one of them.

Lack of information, contact - appalling.
    These guys should be reported to trading standards and the incident should be reported in the news.

I haven't had an answer to my emails apparently 'because so many people are in the same boat we are overflowing with emails'....
    • photome
    • By photome 12th Nov 18, 7:15 AM
    • 13,584 Posts
    • 9,091 Thanks
    photome
    • 12th Nov 18, 7:15 AM
    • 12th Nov 18, 7:15 AM
    please update if this ever gets resolved
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 12th Nov 18, 9:23 AM
    • 19,888 Posts
    • 46,038 Thanks
    peachyprice
    No one will give me the crime reference number though and no one is answering my emails.
    I have no idea how to proceed?
    What have they said to you?
    Originally posted by Stephic
    Have you phoned the police yourself for a crime reference number? I think I would be inclined to, just to be sure they have actually reported it.

You can use this link to find the nearest police station to the car park

https://www.met.police.uk/contact/contact-us/find-a-police-station/

Or this is the Heathrow police station

Heathrow Police Station, Unit 3,
    Polar Park, Bath Road,
    West Drayton, Middlesex UB7 0DG

Phone
    020 3276 1460
    Last edited by peachyprice; 12-11-2018 at 9:28 AM.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
    • tgon
    • By tgon 12th Nov 18, 10:57 AM
    • 587 Posts
    • 286 Thanks
    tgon
    +1 Report this to the police, and your insurers. I stopped using this type of service years ago as I found the one I used had been rifling through my built-in satnav contacts and failed to drop the car off in a timely manner (1hr later!) upon arrival.
    • gardner1
    • By gardner1 12th Nov 18, 11:09 AM
    • 2,733 Posts
    • 4,029 Thanks
    gardner1
    Why do people still keep using valet parking companies.........every month we hear the same stories car keys stolen/lost,car parked in field/ind estate and car damaged/vandalised
    Either use official airport car park,get a taxi,train or get a lift
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 13th Nov 18, 8:47 AM
    • 15,108 Posts
    • 20,661 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    Why do people still keep using valet parking companies.........every month we hear the same stories car keys stolen/lost,car parked in field/ind estate and car damaged/vandalised
    Either use official airport car park,get a taxi,train or get a lift
    Originally posted by gardner1
    Cost and convenience probably. Particularly if they live out in the sticks.

Taxis and official parking are expensive. Trains are not too bad if booked in advance. Unfortunately, the rail timetable doesn't always suit late or early flight times. There is also the problem of getting to and from the station.

Lifts? Not everybody has family close by or friends and neighbours who are willing/able to get up at three, for example, to get you to the airport by five and still be in a fit state do a days work afterwards.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. - Mark Twain
    • Stephic
    • By Stephic 13th Nov 18, 1:20 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Stephic
    Niall, you need to contact Thames Valley Police ASAP.. Theyll give you your own crime ref number.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

175Posts Today

1,535Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've just heard about the 8 month pregnant woman shot through the stomach by a crossbow. Its both evil and medie? https://t.co/hQTOxWiXhj

• Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Have you haggled on the high street in the last year? If so who with and did you succeed? Please vote in this week? https://t.co/fdzmmFfA4u

• Follow Martin