Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 10th Nov 18, 2:07 AM
    • 27,988Posts
    • 11,372Thanks
    forgotmyname
    Ebay and Amazon items Not as described.
    • 10th Nov 18, 2:07 AM
    Ebay and Amazon items Not as described. 10th Nov 18 at 2:07 AM
    What is it lately with UK sellers? Ordered some stuff and they are not as per the pictures on Ebay or Amazon.

Ordered a screwdriver set which took me a while to sift through lots to get some that matched my requirements, what do I get? a cheap Amtech set. Nothing like the one offered for sale.

Then a product that showed a long nozzled applicator, what do they send a small bottle with just a short nozzle, and not even an attachment nozzle that some of them come with.

Had far better luck with my cheap items from China.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
Page 1
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 10th Nov 18, 2:30 AM
    • 27,988 Posts
    • 11,372 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 10th Nov 18, 2:30 AM
    • 10th Nov 18, 2:30 AM
    Why do i need to wait 7 days to leave neutral feedback?
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

• theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 10th Nov 18, 7:06 AM
    • 12,825 Posts
    • 8,676 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 10th Nov 18, 7:06 AM
    • 10th Nov 18, 7:06 AM
    You've had to wait 7 days to leave neg/neutral for ebay power sellers for years now.

It's frustrating but all you can do is cause the seller some hassle - in the return and in feedback. They may get the message, but I doubt it.
    • RFW
    • By RFW 10th Nov 18, 10:22 AM
    • 8,780 Posts
    • 5,100 Thanks
    RFW
    • 10th Nov 18, 10:22 AM
    • 10th Nov 18, 10:22 AM
    Why do i need to wait 7 days to leave neutral feedback?
    Originally posted by forgotmyname
    Why would you only leave a neutral if you received the wrong item?
    Use the 7 days to get the seller to sort it, it may be an error. If they stock both items, ie the ones you received and the correct ones then a member of staff could easily put the wrong one with the order.

Unfortunately on Amazon new sellers come along and list on a product thinking they can send something similar. I have them turning up on my goods that we manufacture and don't supply anyone else with. Fortunately those sellers don't ever last long but new ones crop up all the time.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 10th Nov 18, 5:17 PM
    • 27,988 Posts
    • 11,372 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 10th Nov 18, 5:17 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 5:17 PM
    Only leaving a neutral to warn some that the item is not the same as per the picture. It may still work for others its just not quite what i wanted.

Cannot be bothered to return them.

Waiting 7 days is not frustrating the feedback will be exactly the same.

Rarely leave negative or neutral in all the years ive been on ebay. Probably only a handful in 20+ years, certainly less than 10.

• theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 10th Nov 18, 5:26 PM
    • 12,825 Posts
    • 8,676 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 10th Nov 18, 5:26 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 5:26 PM

Cannot be bothered to return them.
    Originally posted by forgotmyname
    This attitude infuriates me. Not just as THE seller of the item, but of the seller of OTHER items. If you can't be bothered to use the FREE returns label to return for a full refund and cause the bad seller to have an expense he doesn't want, then he will continue to do it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,774Posts Today

6,553Users online

Martin's Twitter