Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Rolyan
    • By Rolyan 9th Nov 18, 9:19 PM
    • 22Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Rolyan
    No info and claim rejected.
    • 9th Nov 18, 9:19 PM
    No info and claim rejected. 9th Nov 18 at 9:19 PM
    In the early 80ís I took out my first bank loan for a car. I definitely had PPI on it; in those days they said it was a requirement of the loan. The forms had the loan amount and the PPI amount. So I know the approximate date. I know my address. Iím fairly sure it was the TSB. Or The Yorkshire Bank. I have no details of the bank accounts as Iíve changed several times over the years and I destroyed old statements etc.

Last year I decided to apply, and both banks said that I am not owed anything.

So is there anything I can do with such little information. I didfinitely had several loans and I definitely had PPI.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 9th Nov 18, 9:34 PM
    • 19,424 Posts
    • 20,769 Thanks
    zx81
    • 9th Nov 18, 9:34 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 9:34 PM
    Do you mean they rejected your complaint or they couldn't find details?

I assume the latter, as they would be breaching DPA if they had details. In which case, game over.

If they rejected it, you can go to FOS if you disagree.
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 9th Nov 18, 9:37 PM
    • 16,240 Posts
    • 23,100 Thanks
    antrobus
    • 9th Nov 18, 9:37 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 9:37 PM
    In the early 80ís I took out my first bank loan for a car. ...
    So is there anything I can do with such little information. I didfinitely had several loans and I definitely had PPI.
    Originally posted by Rolyan
    And it was definitely over 30 years ago.

I doubt any lender will have retained records of that vintage.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 10th Nov 18, 10:45 AM
    • 8,756 Posts
    • 8,178 Thanks
    -taff
    • 10th Nov 18, 10:45 AM
    • 10th Nov 18, 10:45 AM
    The only way to make sure there is no info left is to send a SAR to each company and see what comes back.
    • Rolyan
    • By Rolyan 10th Nov 18, 12:37 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Rolyan
    • 10th Nov 18, 12:37 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 12:37 PM
    Iím fairly sure it was that there were no records. So it sounds like game over.

Iím just a bit surprised about all these success stories I hear of people making claims going back many years. I wonder if some of them are urban myths, as I canít be the only one who was mid-sold PPI but doesnít have any records.
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 10th Nov 18, 5:29 PM
    • 6,031 Posts
    • 3,668 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 10th Nov 18, 5:29 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 5:29 PM
    Iím fairly sure it was that there were no records. So it sounds like game over.

Iím just a bit surprised about all these success stories I hear of people making claims going back many years. I wonder if some of them are urban myths, as I canít be the only one who was mid-sold PPI but doesnít have any records.
    Originally posted by Rolyan

People who still have active accounts with the lender will most likely have their old records stored, similarly if they have their own records or the lender happens to archive old paperwork on something like microfiche
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,373Posts Today

7,504Users online

Martin's Twitter