Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tunde10
    • By tunde10 9th Nov 18, 9:03 PM
    • 66Posts
    • 14Thanks
    tunde10
    Buying a first home, ideas
    • 9th Nov 18, 9:03 PM
    Buying a first home, ideas 9th Nov 18 at 9:03 PM
    Hi, just thought i'd ask on here as i'm sure many people have been in same position.

Planning to buy my first home around Mar/Apr next year. As everything is new to me, i thought i'd better start researching and getting prepared.

So currently i know i can afford 270k and i want a two bed house or flat. I have a large deposit of 75k.

I currently live in South East London but willing to venture slightly out of London as long as commute to Central London is reasonable as well travelcard prices.

My main stumbling block is how to decide on an area. I'm not very knowledgeable with locations so this is proving difficult.

Any ideas on locations i should be looking at based on the info provided? Happy to provide more info.

Thanks
Page 1
    • lookstraightahead
    • By lookstraightahead 9th Nov 18, 9:23 PM
    • 589 Posts
    • 540 Thanks
    lookstraightahead
    • 9th Nov 18, 9:23 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 9:23 PM
    Hmmm I lived and commuted for a long time. House prices are very over valued in the suburbs imo and especially the Home Counties. How about Surrey ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,076Posts Today

6,702Users online

Martin's Twitter