Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • indoorsunshine
    • By indoorsunshine 9th Nov 18, 8:48 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    indoorsunshine
    Declined bank account twice at second stage
    • 9th Nov 18, 8:48 PM
    Declined bank account twice at second stage 9th Nov 18 at 8:48 PM
    Hi

I've been accepted by 2 different banks for an account but at the second stage CIFAS have intervened and the accounts have been denied.

I am now without a bank account and have wages due in and bills due out plus no cash and I am a single parent.

I have checked Experian, Noddle and Clearscore, nothing untoward. What is going on please I am so stressed!!

Thank you
    Claire
Page 1
    • Nebulous2
    • By Nebulous2 9th Nov 18, 9:00 PM
    • 2,103 Posts
    • 1,291 Thanks
    Nebulous2
    • 9th Nov 18, 9:00 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 9:00 PM
    You need to find out what Cifas have recorded against you. The way to do that is submit a subject access request (SAR)
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 9th Nov 18, 10:56 PM
    • 3,927 Posts
    • 2,079 Thanks
    eDicky
    • 9th Nov 18, 10:56 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 10:56 PM
    Meanwhile you should be able to open a Loot prepaid account to receive wages and pay bills (but not DDs) :

https://loot.io/
    • colsten
    • By colsten 9th Nov 18, 11:18 PM
    • 9,393 Posts
    • 8,335 Thanks
    colsten
    • 9th Nov 18, 11:18 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 11:18 PM
    You need to find out what Cifas have recorded against you. The way to do that is submit a subject access request (SAR)
    Originally posted by Nebulous2
    Here is how you go about it: https://www.cifas.org.uk/contact-us/subject-access-request
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,283Posts Today

8,439Users online

Martin's Twitter