Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stehouk
    • By stehouk 9th Nov 18, 8:47 PM
    • 193Posts
    • 78Thanks
    stehouk
    HL Sipp-isa
    • 9th Nov 18, 8:47 PM
    HL Sipp-isa 9th Nov 18 at 8:47 PM
    Hi

I have already posted this in the wrong area,

Quick question, i have recently opened a sipp with a regular contribution of 250 per mth
    i only have 2500 in cash and i was looking to invest it monthly into a vanguard fund but this doesn't seem possible as there was no link just a deal link and an amount to invest but there was a link to monthly investments into it via an isa, can i use the cash funds in my sipp to fund the isa within the HL platform and set up regular payments into the fund.

Does it have to be funded from another source ie a bank account i suspect it does.
Page 1
    • Berkshire Beancounter
    • By Berkshire Beancounter 9th Nov 18, 9:38 PM
    • 70 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    Berkshire Beancounter
    • 9th Nov 18, 9:38 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 9:38 PM
    Once money goes into a SIPP you can't access it until you're 55 at the earliest so I'm afraid no, you can't use the cash funds in your SIPP unless you're 55 or over. Even if you are over 55 did there would be tax implications of withdrawing money from your pension which would need to be factored in.

You can set up an ISA with HL and once it's open, there is a 'monthly savings' tab where you can set up a monthly amount into a fund / funds of your choice. And yes, this would need to come from a bank account, via direct debit.
    • stehouk
    • By stehouk 9th Nov 18, 11:41 PM
    • 193 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    stehouk
    • 9th Nov 18, 11:41 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 11:41 PM
    Thanks for the information, I don't understand why HL don't allow regular payments into the fund via a sipp but they do if it is via an is a.
    • Dazed and confused
    • By Dazed and confused 9th Nov 18, 11:50 PM
    • 3,288 Posts
    • 1,655 Thanks
    Dazed and confused
    • 9th Nov 18, 11:50 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 11:50 PM
    You can make regular payments into a fund in a HL SIPP. Definitely for ongoing deposits if not the money already paid in.
    • Berkshire Beancounter
    • By Berkshire Beancounter 10th Nov 18, 9:43 AM
    • 70 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    Berkshire Beancounter
    • 10th Nov 18, 9:43 AM
    • 10th Nov 18, 9:43 AM
    Yes, as Dazed and Confused has said, you can save monthly into an HL SIPP - assuming you have online access to your account, when you go to your SIPP account the view defaults to the investments you have in it (the 'stocks' tab). Further along is a 'monthly savings' tab where you can set up a regular instruction to invest in the fund(s) of your choice.
    • stehouk
    • By stehouk 10th Nov 18, 10:33 AM
    • 193 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    stehouk
    • 10th Nov 18, 10:33 AM
    • 10th Nov 18, 10:33 AM
    Yes, as Dazed and Confused has said, you can save monthly into an HL SIPP - assuming you have online access to your account, when you go to your SIPP account the view defaults to the investments you have in it (the 'stocks' tab). Further along is a 'monthly savings' tab where you can set up a regular instruction to invest in the fund(s) of your choice.
    Originally posted by Berkshire Beancounter
    Thanks for the advice, really helpful
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

802Posts Today

5,711Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today?s twitter poll: Do you believe BBC news reporting is biased on Brexit? In last week's poll, about left right? https://t.co/0I5nWrlfk1

• Oh the irony. Though to be fair to number 10, this probably sums up Brexit better than anything else I've seen... https://t.co/jfx47FUUYa

• That's almost exactly my journalistic philosophy. I never consider it a story if after checking it out I believe i? https://t.co/PxvHs456FC

• Follow Martin