Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sek
    • By Sek 9th Nov 18, 8:45 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sek
    Indigo Parking Penalty
    • 9th Nov 18, 8:45 PM
    Indigo Parking Penalty 9th Nov 18 at 8:45 PM
    Hi, I’ve read through a number of forums with good advice, but I think I need a little bit more help with exactly what to do.

I parked in a railway car park and as I have the Indivo app, which I’ve used before, I tried to pay for the ticket while in the train. The app didn’t work on this occasion (I tried multiple times and have screen shots, and at one point got to the bank authorisation screen, so assumed it may have gone through). However to be on the safe side, I called Indigo a few times to check they payment was successful and to pay if not. I was on hold waiting for my call to be answered for ages each time and gave up. I then sent an email via their online contact form to let them know the situation and ask what I should do. You have to provide your name and address etc on the contact form, so they have my details! Which I know from now reading the forums is a no no.

So now I have a ‘penalty’. I called Indigo again to explain the situation and they asked my name (which I gave) and they may have asked my car registration. They advised that based on the circumstances I should appeal the ‘penalty’. My penalty states ‘Penalty’ and mentions bylaws.

My question is how should I proceed, should I appeal stating the situation? If so, how long should I wait to appeal? Or is there something else I should be doing?

Thank you so much for your help.
Page 1
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 9th Nov 18, 9:10 PM
    • 2,158 Posts
    • 2,610 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 9th Nov 18, 9:10 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 9:10 PM
    if you read this , you will see a section that relates to bylaws , digest and repost id needed https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • waamo
    • By waamo 9th Nov 18, 9:42 PM
    • 4,697 Posts
    • 6,078 Thanks
    waamo
    • 9th Nov 18, 9:42 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 9:42 PM
    You can, if you would prefer, simply ignore it. This only applies to indigo tickets at railway stations but they can be ignored.
    This space for hire.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 10th Nov 18, 11:41 AM
    • 10,583 Posts
    • 10,419 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 10th Nov 18, 11:41 AM
    • 10th Nov 18, 11:41 AM
    There are masses of Indigo/Byelaws posts on this forum. read a few to understand that they have a mountain to climb, (barefoot). Complain to your MP.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of alleged contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and others have already been named and shamed in the House of Commons as have Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each week, hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned. They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

The problem has become so widespread that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. It has even been suggested that some of these companies have links with organised crime.

Watch the video of the Second Reading and committee stage in the House of Commons recently. MPs have a very low opinion of this industry.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-07-19/debates/2b90805c-bff8-4707-8bdc-b0bfae5a7ad5/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill(FirstSitting)

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by in the not too distant future..
    Last edited by The Deep; 10-11-2018 at 11:50 AM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Nov 18, 11:24 PM
    • 63,875 Posts
    • 76,531 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 10th Nov 18, 11:24 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 11:24 PM
    We don't need any Indigo Railway penalty threads. This is specifically covered in the Q&A, with a link.

There are no questions not answered.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,841Posts Today

6,405Users online

Martin's Twitter