Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pensionpawn
    • By pensionpawn 9th Nov 18, 5:48 PM
    • 72Posts
    • 22Thanks
    pensionpawn
    Combined joint level term life assurance with critical illness / care cover?
    • 9th Nov 18, 5:48 PM
    Combined joint level term life assurance with critical illness / care cover? 9th Nov 18 at 5:48 PM
    Basically, does it exist? Me and the wife have gracefully embraced our 50's and although we already have cover up to 60 I'm interested in either whole term (expensive) or level term (to max age) joint life assurance with critical illness and, and this is the crunch, an element of care home / care in the home fees cover. Now I've read some interesting articles about the pros / cons of critical illness v regular cash payments to cover care home / in house care fees, however I'm still a novice in this area.

Does anyone already have this type of cover and can comment or can you point me in the direction of where I can find out more. Thanks.
Page 1
    • Weighty1
    • By Weighty1 12th Nov 18, 9:53 AM
    • 390 Posts
    • 180 Thanks
    Weighty1
    • 12th Nov 18, 9:53 AM
    • 12th Nov 18, 9:53 AM
    Yes, there are a couple of insurers who now offer care cover within their plans. These are relatively new additions to the market so there's probably not much info to find online about them. Normally, the ability to claim on the care cover element is similar to that for critical illness cover, except that it is based around an individuals ability to care for themselves.

Based on the high cost of care and your current age the cost of this type of arrangement is likely to be significant, but I'm guessing you already knew that based on you having cover in place already.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,469Posts Today

8,958Users online

Martin's Twitter