Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Skintjane
    • By Skintjane 9th Nov 18, 5:14 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Skintjane
    Sons school scrapping blazers and ties
    • 9th Nov 18, 5:14 PM
    Sons school scrapping blazers and ties 9th Nov 18 at 5:14 PM
    Sons school getting new uniform

Hi my 11 year old son year 7 school resently held a uniform consultation regarding a new uniform. The choices were to keep the current blazer and tie uniform or get a more Modern jumper and polo shirt style uniform.

There was a vote a couple of weeks ago and the results were announced on Monday. 94% of students voted for the new uniform and 74%of parents voted for the new uniform and 83% of teachers / staff also voted for the new uniform.

The school have reviled that students can wear the new uniform from November the 19th but itís not compulsory until next September itís available to buy from next Thursday.

Sons schools new uniform policy
    School jumper with school logo
    School polo shirt with school logo
    Black school trousers
    Plain black unbranded lace up plimsolls or proper leather school shoes only No vans converse trainers boots or heels

My son actually got chosen along side another pupil yesterday and today to model the new uniform and have photos taken in it. The school got my son and the other pupil to wear plain black lace plimsolls as there allowed / recommended with the new uniform.

Do you think other schools will follow suit and get rid of blazer style uniforms ???
Page 1
    • Tom99
    • By Tom99 9th Nov 18, 5:39 PM
    • 3,018 Posts
    • 2,065 Thanks
    Tom99
    • 9th Nov 18, 5:39 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 5:39 PM
    I would like to throttle the person who invented the tie and a tie would be a good place to start unless they had the policeman's version which pulls straight off.
    I spent most of my working life wearing a suit and tie to work until the day I joined the Civic Service. The first day I turned up in a suit and tie only to find everyone else in open necked shirts, jeans and even shorts when it was hot.
    I have not worn a tie since.
    • Skintjane
    • By Skintjane 9th Nov 18, 5:42 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Skintjane
    • 9th Nov 18, 5:42 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 5:42 PM
    I’m buying my son the new uniform next week found out the prices today
    School jumper with school logo £11x2
    School polo shirt with the school logo £9x2
    Already got school trousers
    Plain black lace up plimsolls £2.50 from the school
    • Ames
    • By Ames 9th Nov 18, 5:55 PM
    • 17,696 Posts
    • 31,277 Thanks
    Ames
    • 9th Nov 18, 5:55 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 5:55 PM
    Oh, you've moved from the marriages board.

OP, you need help. Speak to your GP, they'll be able to make appropriate referrals.

Everyone else- this is a regular poster who has several unhealthy obsessions related to children, please don't engage.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
    • Skintjane
    • By Skintjane 9th Nov 18, 5:58 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Skintjane
    • 9th Nov 18, 5:58 PM
    Excuse me I think your taking about the wrong person
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 9th Nov 18, 5:58 PM
    • 4,738 Posts
    • 9,931 Thanks
    minimad1970

OP, you need help. Speak to your GP, they'll be able to make appropriate referrals.

Everyone else- this is a regular poster who has several unhealthy obsessions related to children, please don't engage.
    Originally posted by Ames
    I was surprised to see them posting on here too. It's very odd and disturbing, they really do need to get some medical help.
    • Skintjane
    • By Skintjane 9th Nov 18, 6:02 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Skintjane
    • 9th Nov 18, 6:02 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 6:02 PM
    Please delete I don’t want false accusations ��
    • Sunny Intervals
    • By Sunny Intervals 9th Nov 18, 6:12 PM
    • 768 Posts
    • 2,549 Thanks
    Sunny Intervals
    • 9th Nov 18, 6:12 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 6:12 PM
    Please delete I donít want false accusations ��
    Originally posted by Skintjane

MSE isn't actively moderated. You need to report your own opening post to get it deleted.
    • Tom99
    • By Tom99 9th Nov 18, 6:19 PM
    • 3,018 Posts
    • 2,065 Thanks
    Tom99
    • 9th Nov 18, 6:19 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 6:19 PM
    Originally posted by Ames

What makes you say that? The Op has 5 posts none of which are on the marriages board. Are you saying they previously posted under another user name?
    • elsien
    • By elsien 9th Nov 18, 6:26 PM
    • 17,579 Posts
    • 44,448 Thanks
    elsien
    What makes you say that? The Op has 5 posts none of which are on the marriages board. Are you saying they previously posted under another user name?
    Originally posted by Tom99
    There is a poster who regularly pops up under a new guise who seems obsessed with children's school uniform, plimsolls, doing gym in underwear, kids using the school toilets etc. And ugg boots.

Any mention of school uniform from a new poster in this context automatically triggers alarm bells.
    If the OP is genuine they have been caught up in this.
    I have to be honest, my first thought was that it was the strange poster back again.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • kingfisherblue
    • By kingfisherblue 9th Nov 18, 8:07 PM
    • 8,123 Posts
    • 17,588 Thanks
    kingfisherblue
    Originally posted by Tom99
    It's exactly as Elsien has said. The style of writing is the same as numerous previous odd posts, always by a new poster. Also, I have never heard of ANY secondary school that encourages pupils to wear plimsolls, yet this is almost always a factor mentioned in these threads. Schools do not encourage plimsolls for regular wear because they are not smart, they do not support growing feet, and they do not protect feet from the British weather. Also, it is virtually impossible to buy plimsolls for teenagers - they have adult sized feet!

The same poster pops up every few months with variations on the theme. She just uses different usernames. Funnily enough, her son is almost always 11 years old. This, combined with her obsession with plimsolls, school uniform, school toilets, and fake Ugg boots, makes it very concerning at times.

Personally I couldn't be bothered going to the trouble to continue making new accounts to blether on about the same topics time and again.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

139Posts Today

1,217Users online

Martin's Twitter