Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hanaban41
    • By Hanaban41 9th Nov 18, 4:59 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Hanaban41
    Confusion
    • 9th Nov 18, 4:59 PM
    Confusion 9th Nov 18 at 4:59 PM
    Hi all first time poster, long time MSE reader,
    I understand everyone has to go to the thread about parking fines Iíve actually just been through and read it all and found some really helpful advice. However Iím a little lost now which response to go with. my parking fine is at Ďletter before claimí stage with Gladstoneís.
    Basically myself and partner pulled up to park on a private residential road outside my daughters nursery we donít usually park here but due to our own awful circumstances the night before we were late. (Genuinely never park there as risk of tickets) he said Iíll run her in you stay here and move if the parking bloke comes.
    Next thing a resident started shouting at him from his drive I told him to move on just ignore him and I got back in car....resident then comes over and starts taking photos of me, the car and the registration. I told him to go away (in not those words and stop filming me) stressful night made worse by crazy resident (FYI we were on the road about 50 metres from his drive in no way obstructing him)
    I then get the parking ticket using these photos that the resident has obviously sent to uk car park management. I stupidly phoned them to try and argue it got nowhere as he said I was in the passenger not drivers side so how could I not be parked. So hung up. Ignored it ever since and now itís with Gladstoneís 🤦🏼!♀️
    My question is how do I send Gladstoneís the reply letter in the thread when I a) have been sent photos and b) havenít replied to request them once? A lot of the replies state ĎI have repeatedly asked for photosí
    Iím really confused by the whole thing but want to fight it as uk car park mangement Have no proof of how long we were there literally this residents phone photos both showing the same times and also there has to be some data protection breech and safeguarding breech here that this crazy man has photos of me and possibally my daughter on his phone?
    Iím sure Iílll probably annoy someone as this case is the same as everyoneís but Iíve got 7 days before they issue legal proceedings now 😫
    Many thanks for any help
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Nov 18, 5:31 PM
    • 37,874 Posts
    • 22,005 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 9th Nov 18, 5:31 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 5:31 PM
    Issue of a Court claim can't be stopped unless you pay!

A simple retort denying the debt is enough to show you didn't ignore the lbcca

Read up in #2 of the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum to get acquainted with the Court process and how to deal with this

If you do get a claim then that post takes you right through from the lbcca to the hearing with advice on completing each stage
    Last edited by Quentin; 09-11-2018 at 9:18 PM.
    • Hanaban41
    • By Hanaban41 9th Nov 18, 6:29 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Hanaban41
    • 9th Nov 18, 6:29 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 6:29 PM
    Ok I’m confused again now think I might just pay it I should of just moved the car I guess ����!♀️
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Nov 18, 9:24 PM
    • 37,874 Posts
    • 22,005 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 9th Nov 18, 9:24 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 9:24 PM
    What has made you confused?

You say you want to sort this before they issue the claim in 7 days time

The only way to stop them issuing is to pay now

No-one here would advise that

Instead read up as advised in the FAQ - if that is confusing you, then take it in chunks, there is a lot to get to grips with if you haven't dealt with a court claim previously

You'll get assistance here if you fight this!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

121Posts Today

1,698Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've just heard about the 8 month pregnant woman shot through the stomach by a crossbow. Its both evil and medie? https://t.co/hQTOxWiXhj

• Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Have you haggled on the high street in the last year? If so who with and did you succeed? Please vote in this week? https://t.co/fdzmmFfA4u

• Follow Martin