Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • michellearmstrong20
    • By michellearmstrong20 9th Nov 18, 3:58 PM
    • 102Posts
    • 396Thanks
    michellearmstrong20
    PCN - Can someone advise me about a POPLA Appeal please? PCN from Care Parking
    • 9th Nov 18, 3:58 PM
    PCN - Can someone advise me about a POPLA Appeal please? PCN from Care Parking 9th Nov 18 at 3:58 PM
    Hi,

Please can someone advise me whether my friend should appeal to POPLA using only one defense (breach did not occur) or as many points as possible. He has photographic evidence that the car was not parked for the duration the parking company claim (2 trips to car park).

Details:

He has a PCN from Care Parking (The Range store St Helen's) They claim the car was parked for 2 hrs 20 minutes
    The car park is free but has a max stay of 2 hours
    They use ANPR
    He has not identified the driver but I think all of the NTK stuff has been compliant
    The Range customer services were horrible, no sympathy at all even though the driver was a genuine customer with receipts and refused to cancel it
    His appeal was rejected by Care Parking
    He has the POPLA code and intends to appeal
    Photographic evidence is of a pay and display ticket which shows the car visited another car park in the middle of the 2 hr 20 minute period

In the POPLA appeal, should he only appeal on this point alone that the breach did not occur as the car was elsewhere or should he appeal on as many other points as possible?

I read on here that someone won POPLA due to double dipping as he only appealed on one point alone (double dipping) and since the parking company couldn't prove otherwise it was upheld. It seemed to suggest that the decision maker was forced to make his judgement on this one point alone because that is all the person based the appeal on and that the burden was on the parking company who couldn't disprove multiple visits.

But then I have also read on here that its best not to rely on one point alone so he is unsure which is the best option, one point or as many as possible?

Any advice would be much appreciated
    Thank you

Michelle
    Last edited by michellearmstrong20; 09-11-2018 at 6:33 PM.
    Started early September.....First win 5*weekend break in London to meet baby spice, 50 Faith Voucher,50 cash, Camelot tickets.

Thank you to all those who take the time & trouble to post!
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Nov 18, 6:52 PM
    • 20,237 Posts
    • 31,923 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 9th Nov 18, 6:52 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 6:52 PM
    If it was a double-dip incident, then use that point.

Unless the appellant is in full command of all the stuff surrounding private parking (like being a regular parking forum adviser), the advice is to appeal on a range (no pun!) of appeal points.

The NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #3 covers everything you need to know (including near-template appeal points) to put together a solid POPLA appeal.
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 10-11-2018 at 8:33 AM.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Nov 18, 11:34 PM
    • 63,872 Posts
    • 76,518 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 10th Nov 18, 11:34 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 11:34 PM
    Show us your draft, after reading the 3rd post of the sticky, all about POPLA.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,676Posts Today

7,837Users online

Martin's Twitter