Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ricky12345
    • By Ricky12345 9th Nov 18, 1:41 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Ricky12345
    Holiday ESA
    • 9th Nov 18, 1:41 PM
    Holiday ESA 9th Nov 18 at 1:41 PM
    Hi

Found very conflicting results on the Internet, does one need to inform anyone of a 7 day holiday while on esa sg?

Thx x
Page 1
    • TELLIT01
    • By TELLIT01 9th Nov 18, 1:56 PM
    • 5,539 Posts
    • 6,177 Thanks
    TELLIT01
    • 9th Nov 18, 1:56 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 1:56 PM
    You do not need to inform them of a 7 day holiday.
    • tazwhoever
    • By tazwhoever 9th Nov 18, 8:29 PM
    • 1,026 Posts
    • 235 Thanks
    tazwhoever
    • 9th Nov 18, 8:29 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 8:29 PM
    Thanks TELLIT01, I too went for few days abroad and didn't inform. My question is as I'm in tribunal process regarding my ESA group, will they question me why I went (with relatives)?
    • calcotti
    • By calcotti 9th Nov 18, 8:59 PM
    • 940 Posts
    • 648 Thanks
    calcotti
    • 9th Nov 18, 8:59 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 8:59 PM
    Thanks TELLIT01, I too went for few days abroad and didn't inform. My question is as I'm in tribunal process regarding my ESA group, will they question me why I went (with relatives)?
    Originally posted by tazwhoever
    It is possible that you might be asked about your holiday by the tribunal (if they are somehow aware of it) just to find out how you managed and how this fits with what you have said about the difficulties you experience. If they do that shouldn't be a problem, indeed it may be an opportunity to explain how you were only able to do something because of the help you had to do it.
    • venison
    • By venison 9th Nov 18, 11:11 PM
    • 2,521 Posts
    • 2,832 Thanks
    venison
    • 9th Nov 18, 11:11 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 11:11 PM
    This question comes up a lot on here and I can guarantee that there will be a mix of advice some saying you must inform others saying not.
    The advice across different dwp sites varies, but if you think that maybe a million or more people on benefits go abroad each year how many do you think inform them? My guess would be not that many, and how would they find out? after all I think around 12 million people go on holiday abroad each year, and if a system can't get UC right then I doubt it is clever enough.
    Thanks for stopping by, have a good day/night/week/weekend/life
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

335Posts Today

4,835Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Morning. I'm on my way to @GMB for my 7:40 Deals of the Week this week including hot BT fibre broadband deal, easyj? https://t.co/FWWMrk8dg8

• "Sabrina, you're young. I'm not sure you've the experience I'm looking for in a business partner." Eh? Isn't the pr? https://t.co/IeTxBQq2OU

• I am predicting the word myself will be misused 6 times in today;s boardroom. What do yourself think? #TheApprentice

• Follow Martin