Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lolaive
    • By lolaive 9th Nov 18, 1:14 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    lolaive
    County court claim
    • 9th Nov 18, 1:14 PM
    County court claim 9th Nov 18 at 1:14 PM
    Hi all.Apoligies if this has been covered already but I cannot find anything relating to this case .I am hoping someone may be able to help me . I have received a County Court Claim form from Northampton CC in relation to a claim made by Gladstones Solicitors. The claimant is saying I owe 246 roughly for a parking contravention on the land where I live. I have received no prior correspondence to this , only this CCC form. I just wondered how to proceed. I am going to acknowledge the claim and opt to defend it but cannot recall events of the day in question as it was last year. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Page 2
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 10th Nov 18, 1:52 PM
    • 10,768 Posts
    • 11,212 Thanks
    KeithP
    The first claim is dated 7 November and yesterdays one is dated 8 November.
    Originally posted by lolaive
    With a Claim Issue Date of 7th November, you have until Monday 26th November to do the Acknowledgement of Service, but there is nothing to be gained by delaying it. To do the AoS, follow the guidance offered in a Dropbox link from post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.

Having done the AoS, you then have until 4pm on Monday 10th December 2018 to file your Defence.

Over a month away. Loads of time to produce a perfect Defence, but don't leave it to the very last minute.

When you are happy with the content, your Defence should be filed via email as described here:

1) Print your Defence.
    2) Sign it and date it.
    3) Scan the signed document back in and save it as a pdf.
    4) Send that pdf as an email attachment to CCBCAQ@Justice.gov.uk
    5) Just put the claim number and the word Defence in the email title, and in the body of the email something like 'Please find my Defence attached'.
    6) Log into MCOL after a few days to see if the Claim is marked "defended". If not chase the CCBC until it is.
    7) Wait for your Directions Questionnaire and then re-read post #2 of the NEWBIES thread to find out exactly what to do with it.

For the second claim - 8th November - as you might guess, add one day to the dates above.
    Last edited by KeithP; 10-11-2018 at 1:55 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,261Posts Today

7,293Users online

Martin's Twitter