Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • presurrection
    • By presurrection 9th Nov 18, 12:16 PM
    • 20Posts
    • 0Thanks
    presurrection
    Housing benefit and apprenticeships
    • 9th Nov 18, 12:16 PM
    Housing benefit and apprenticeships 9th Nov 18 at 12:16 PM
    Hi

My 19 year old son has recently been offered an apprenticeship 300 miles away from home. Obviously this isn't very well paid and he would need accommodation

My question is, would he be entitled to benefits such as housing support while he is away?

Apologies if I haven't included enough information. I have been trying to look into this myself and there seems to be a lot of conflicting information

Thanks
Page 2
    • calcotti
    • By calcotti 9th Nov 18, 10:33 PM
    • 940 Posts
    • 651 Thanks
    calcotti
    Glad you found it helpful. I am a strong believer that it is helpful for people to understand how a benefits award is calculated because it can improve awareness of how changes of circumstance can affect the amount payable.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,097Posts Today

7,119Users online

Martin's Twitter