Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ryan james
    • By Ryan james 9th Nov 18, 6:11 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Ryan james
    Death in service policy
    • 9th Nov 18, 6:11 AM
    Death in service policy 9th Nov 18 at 6:11 AM
    Hi, we recently found out after my mother passed away back in march that the company she used to work for had a death in service policy in place. and as the beneficiary I'm entitled to the payment. After applying for probate, and giving all my bank details etc to my mum's old company who had passed that on to Zurich the insurance company. I was just wondering if anyone would know how long payment usually takes on these kind of things? I've asked the company, but they're telling me at this stage I'll hear from the insurance company before they do. But when I ring Zurich for an update they say they can't speak to my regarding it.
Page 2
    • Manxman in exile
    • By Manxman in exile 9th Nov 18, 6:06 PM
    • 1,598 Posts
    • 1,231 Thanks
    Manxman in exile

Sorry if this sounds picky... It's just that I spent nearly 20 years working out what LGPS pensioners really meant when they asked questions.....
    Originally posted by Silvertabby

Not picky at all! I know exactly how it feels to try to work out what somebody means when they ask a question (*).

But look on the bright side - you are perfectly qualified to tease out what many of the OPs on these boards actually mean when they are confused or unclear.

(*) Happened at work all the time, but some people get a bit shirty if they think you are "interrogating" them. Bit like the poor OP who withdrew from this board earlier this week because she thought replies were "unkind" and "critical" of the way she expressed herself. I say "poor" because if he or she had persevered I'm sure they would have got useful advice.
    Last edited by Manxman in exile; 09-11-2018 at 6:07 PM. Reason: typo
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

178Posts Today

1,281Users online

Martin's Twitter