Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • aayush
    • By aayush 7th Nov 18, 6:30 PM
    • 762Posts
    • 24Thanks
    aayush
    Quick Question Re pdf files
    • 7th Nov 18, 6:30 PM
    Quick Question Re pdf files 7th Nov 18 at 6:30 PM
    Hi
    I am going scan 4 separate files which I then need to attach to a fax via pc can you advise how I should save them on to my desktop thus not have to look all over the place for them as a need to send to two separate fax number can I do that in one go
    each scan need to be sent to two separate faxes
Page 1
    • debitcardmayhem
    • By debitcardmayhem 7th Nov 18, 6:42 PM
    • 8,763 Posts
    • 6,611 Thanks
    debitcardmayhem
    • 7th Nov 18, 6:42 PM
    • 7th Nov 18, 6:42 PM
    What are you using ?
    • aayush
    • By aayush 7th Nov 18, 7:55 PM
    • 762 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    aayush
    • 7th Nov 18, 7:55 PM
    • 7th Nov 18, 7:55 PM
    desk top pc
    • Heedtheadvice
    • By Heedtheadvice 7th Nov 18, 10:27 PM
    • 1,027 Posts
    • 519 Thanks
    Heedtheadvice
    • 7th Nov 18, 10:27 PM
    • 7th Nov 18, 10:27 PM
    Yes, but what software will you be using to scan the documents?

As an example I currently have a Canon scanner with it's own scanning software and one option is to scan each page to let and an option to scan subsequent pages to the same file.....and then save somewhere convenient (or set up the default save location in advance). Other scanning software has similar functionality.

IMHO better to save to specific folder that you can name conveniently, such as" Data ", under the root of the C drive (or other drive letter if you have more) then you have an easy path to docs etc. rather than at the whim of the operating system. Then they are easier to find!
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 7th Nov 18, 10:36 PM
    • 1,617 Posts
    • 1,007 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 7th Nov 18, 10:36 PM
    • 7th Nov 18, 10:36 PM
    Why are you scanning to PDF and then faxing them of all things? Would it not be easier just to send them as an email attachment?
    • aayush
    • By aayush 9th Nov 18, 6:27 PM
    • 762 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    aayush
    • 9th Nov 18, 6:27 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 6:27 PM
    Hi
    I have scanned then information and will be sending as an attachment and will be sending a fax via hello fax
    but need to ask how to save the pdf files on to my desktop
    then I will be able to attach to the email
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 9th Nov 18, 6:52 PM
    • 1,617 Posts
    • 1,007 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 9th Nov 18, 6:52 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 6:52 PM
    Hi
    I have scanned then information and will be sending as an attachment and will be sending a fax via hello fax
    Originally posted by aayush
    Why? What benefit does it provide that an email attachment doesn't?

You haven't mentioned what software you're using. Normally you can scan straight to PDF from the scanning software with the printer.
    • debitcardmayhem
    • By debitcardmayhem 9th Nov 18, 8:49 PM
    • 8,763 Posts
    • 6,611 Thanks
    debitcardmayhem
    • 9th Nov 18, 8:49 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 8:49 PM
    Hi
    Originally posted by aayush
    You have scanned it, OK but why do you need to save it to your desktop, you never said how you scanned it and in what format and where it is now. You are not helping us to help you with your nebulous statements/questions
    • aayush
    • By aayush 10th Nov 18, 9:32 AM
    • 762 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    aayush
    • 10th Nov 18, 9:32 AM
    • 10th Nov 18, 9:32 AM
    thank you sorry for the confusion
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 10th Nov 18, 10:29 AM
    • 1,617 Posts
    • 1,007 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    It tends to help us all if people post what they're trying to do and what they've done previously rather than engaging (accidentally or otherwise) in a game of 20 Questions.

See 10 posts into this thread and nobody's none the wiser why the OP wants to fax something.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

802Posts Today

5,711Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today?s twitter poll: Do you believe BBC news reporting is biased on Brexit? In last week's poll, about left right? https://t.co/0I5nWrlfk1

• Oh the irony. Though to be fair to number 10, this probably sums up Brexit better than anything else I've seen... https://t.co/jfx47FUUYa

• That's almost exactly my journalistic philosophy. I never consider it a story if after checking it out I believe i? https://t.co/PxvHs456FC

• Follow Martin