Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hectors House
    • By Hectors House 7th Nov 18, 6:12 PM
    • 429Posts
    • 699Thanks
    Hectors House
    Sensitive issue - Amigo Loans
    • 7th Nov 18, 6:12 PM
    Sensitive issue - Amigo Loans 7th Nov 18 at 6:12 PM
    Hello forum members.

Iíve not been on here is years but came back to see if I can get any advise.

I own a property outright with my sister but donít live there.

Iíve come back to visit to find the house a complete pigsty with her mail going unopened.

Sadly, Iíve found out she has stood guarantor for a £10k loan for a workfriend thru Amigo Loans.

I knew nothing about this and did not provide my agreement as the co-owner of our property.

Hopefully the borrower will keep up repayments (£400 per month) and they wonít need to get the money from my sister.

Would my sister have had to lie and tell them she owns the house solely as part of Amigoís checks?

If it does come to a CCJ and charge put against the house will she have committed fraud?

Thanks in advance for any advise anyone can give?

I find it hard to believe my property could have a charge of what would be about £20k and I had no say in it.
Page 2
    • NorthantsPete81
    • By NorthantsPete81 9th Nov 18, 3:04 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    NorthantsPete81
    CCJ is on the person, not the house. It can be on posessions but they have to prove its her house or she lives there.

I rented for a while, kepts getting ccjs at the property but as i lived there I told them to do one.

The ccj/default will just go on her credit file.

Sell the house, give her the equity and dont do anythign else with her, financially.
    • roundbox
    • By roundbox 9th Nov 18, 6:35 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    roundbox
    Sell the house and split the proceeds as per your agreement with your sister.
    Problem solved.
    • Hectors House
    • By Hectors House 10th Nov 18, 5:22 AM
    • 429 Posts
    • 699 Thanks
    Hectors House
    Sell the house and split the proceeds as per your agreement with your sister.
    Problem solved.
    Originally posted by roundbox
    That would leave her homeless.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,175Posts Today

7,192Users online

Martin's Twitter