Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sithmaster
    • By sithmaster 7th Nov 18, 11:44 AM
    • 251Posts
    • 63Thanks
    sithmaster
    Help needed with halfords
    • 7th Nov 18, 11:44 AM
    Help needed with halfords 7th Nov 18 at 11:44 AM
    Hi all, I have purchased a dab radio from halfords.
    Before I purchased I asked for advice over the phone as to whether the radio I had chosen would fit the car (reg given) and if I needed to purchase anything else, I was told that I would need a cable if I want the steering wheel controller to work. I said we don't use them so that is ok I was also told I would need a dab aerial.

When I went into store I asked the same question, and was given the same answer.

So I purchased the two items and booked an appointment for wefit service.
    Two weeks later on appointment day we (myself, wife and four kids) turned up, the fitter took one look and said you need a cable and a facia.
    To my surprise I said I was not told this when I asked and I was told that I do.

So I purchased those and booked in again for another week.

On the next appointment we went for fitting and was told the wrong facia has arrived but they fitted anyway and reordered the facia. I was in the Carpark for 3 and half hours for a one hour appointment because they had difficulty and now have received a 60 fine from the Carpark.
    At this point the built-in satnav stops working.

I have been back another time to have the facia fitted and to inspect the satnav.

The facia was fitted but the satnav does not work.

I was then promised 15 compensation that has not yet been given. And was told the store manager will ring me the next day with what needs to be done and about the parking charge, this phone call never happened.

I have just had to chase this up and they want me to go into store this Sunday for another inspection.

What should I expect or request them to do?

Sorry for the essay

Thank you
Page 2
    • atrixblue.-MFR-.
    • By atrixblue.-MFR-. 10th Nov 18, 4:15 PM
    • 6,608 Posts
    • 4,570 Thanks
    atrixblue.-MFR-.
    Thanks everyone getting them to remove it and put is as before with a complete refund, still waiting on confirmation that the parking fine has been cancelled
    Originally posted by sithmaster
    I would have them phone the company infront of me, and request proof of cancellation from them. you could also take to twitter https://twitter.com/Halfords_uk?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp %7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
    And make a complaint to them openly.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,567Posts Today

4,949Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Today's twitter poll: The 585 page draft agreement of the withdrawal of the UK from the EU has been published. A? https://t.co/8YLkPyzqYM

• Follow Martin