Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gavkim123
    • By gavkim123 6th Nov 18, 9:41 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    gavkim123
    Arval lease car charges
    • 6th Nov 18, 9:41 PM
    Arval lease car charges 6th Nov 18 at 9:41 PM
    Monday I was handed back my lease car with arval. An assessor arrived as planned.My wife was present at the time of inspection of the car,she was then asked to go back in the house while he carried out the inspection when she was asked to go back in the house while he carried out the inspection.
    The car is on a 65 plate Nissan pulsar. Today I received a bill for £2300 for damages to the car all body work.
    Could anyone give me some advice on how I should approach the lease company. The car has general wear the odd scratch hear and there
Page 2
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 10th Nov 18, 12:25 PM
    • 12,010 Posts
    • 8,750 Thanks
    neilmcl
    What action by law could i appeal this. I have read that i can get an independant assessor out for a re survey.
    I can get the full car re sprayed for half the value of the charges.

For example £195 to re spray the inside of my car door which is a little un fair.

10mm dent to the door charge £195
    Originally posted by gavkim123
    Not back to suitable standard you couldn't.

At the end of the day you can formally dispute the charges with the lease company, 9 times out of 10 they'll probably reduce the charges, but if you're still not happy or if they stay firm then you can use the BVRLA conciliation service. You will need to provide clear evidence that the lease co. inspector's findings go against the accepted BVRLA guidelines, not just your own, unqualified opinions.
    Last edited by neilmcl; 10-11-2018 at 12:27 PM.
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 10th Nov 18, 12:29 PM
    • 12,010 Posts
    • 8,750 Thanks
    neilmcl
    Most of the scratches just need a little touch up nothing major
    Originally posted by gavkim123
    So why didn't you sort it properly before handing the car back.
    • ratrace
    • By ratrace 10th Nov 18, 12:56 PM
    • 679 Posts
    • 463 Thanks
    ratrace
    Mate i would dispute the charges and attach your own pictures to each charge they are claming for and take it from there, you may still have to pay but it may not be as much

this is one of things along with others that puts me off from leasing a car

can you buy the car back and just run it (re finance the baloon) £2100 is a lot of money, what deal did youhave was it pcp,hp and what is the car worth now
    People are caught up in an egotistic artificial rat race to display a false image to society. We want the biggest house, fanciest car, and we don't mind paying the sky high mortgage to put up that show. We sacrifice our biggest assets our health and time, We feel happy when we see people look up to us and see how successful we are”

Rat Race
    • Penelopa.Pitstop
    • By Penelopa.Pitstop 12th Nov 18, 5:43 PM
    • 373 Posts
    • 137 Thanks
    Penelopa.Pitstop
    So was it Manheim collecting the car? I heard and read that it's the worst and most strict company regarding damage of leased cars. Definitely dispute the charges.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

159Posts Today

1,177Users online

Martin's Twitter