Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • donac
    • By donac 6th Nov 18, 2:07 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 1Thanks
    donac
    CIFAS and New Zealand
    • 6th Nov 18, 2:07 AM
    CIFAS and New Zealand 6th Nov 18 at 2:07 AM
    Hi everyone,

Iím in the process off moving to New Zealand to stay with my family and in the near future I would like to get a residence visa and permanently live there.

Long story short is I got a CIFAS marker (Cat 6). Ive looked at the credit agency references the banks use out there and one of them is equifax. As banks in the UK use equifax too, Would this have any effect on opening a bank out in New Zealand and applying for loans etc?

Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • PRAISETHESUN
    • By PRAISETHESUN 7th Nov 18, 3:19 PM
    • 441 Posts
    • 214 Thanks
    PRAISETHESUN
    • 7th Nov 18, 3:19 PM
    • 7th Nov 18, 3:19 PM
    Data protection laws mean that sharing personal data between countries is generally not something that routinely happens. I know personally that my Australian credit file is not accessible by UK companies, and vice versa - when I first moved to the UK I had no credit history at all as far as the banks were concerned. So I would be reasonably confident saying that any adverse information on your credit files in the UK wont be accessible in NZ.

On the flip side, with a thin credit file in NZ you may find it difficult to apply and be accepted for loans, etc there anyway - something to keep in mind.
    • donac
    • By donac 10th Nov 18, 11:22 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    donac
    • 10th Nov 18, 11:22 AM
    • 10th Nov 18, 11:22 AM
    Perfect response mate, thank you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,747Posts Today

6,747Users online

Martin's Twitter