Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Khakisnowman
    • By Khakisnowman 5th Nov 18, 9:04 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Khakisnowman
    Quote for capping off my water feed from two tanks in loft
    • 5th Nov 18, 9:04 PM
    Quote for capping off my water feed from two tanks in loft 5th Nov 18 at 9:04 PM
    Hi, been quoted by a plumber who lives in the local area for capping off water from the two tanks in my loft. Having just recently moved in and been told that now it has a combi boiler these tanks are no longer needed upstairs. The ball !!!! if not upright lets water still in the tank and it needs capping off (i think?) . Just making sure 50 seems ok as it sounds quite simply for
    Just capping off a water pipe?
Page 1
    • FreeBear
    • By FreeBear 6th Nov 18, 12:27 PM
    • 2,111 Posts
    • 2,956 Thanks
    FreeBear
    • 6th Nov 18, 12:27 PM
    • 6th Nov 18, 12:27 PM
    A call out fee, minimum rate for the time it takes to do the job - 50 sounds quite cheap.

Yes, it is a simple job, but if it involves ancient imperial pipes & fittings, it requires a modicum of expertise. The tanks should have been drained and the pipes capped when the combi boiler was installed - Sloppy work on the part of the installers in my opinion.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
    • Dan-Dan
    • By Dan-Dan 6th Nov 18, 1:02 PM
    • 4,944 Posts
    • 4,337 Thanks
    Dan-Dan
    • 6th Nov 18, 1:02 PM
    • 6th Nov 18, 1:02 PM
    Christ , your lucky a plumber wants to bother for 50 , pay the man
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
    • phill99
    • By phill99 9th Nov 18, 4:56 PM
    • 8,244 Posts
    • 7,429 Thanks
    phill99
    • 9th Nov 18, 4:56 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 4:56 PM
    You're not paying to cap off a water pipe. You are paying for knowing how to cap off a water pipe.
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
    • C_Mababejive
    • By C_Mababejive 9th Nov 18, 6:55 PM
    • 10,721 Posts
    • 9,598 Thanks
    C_Mababejive
    • 9th Nov 18, 6:55 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 6:55 PM
    How can you be absolutely sure these tanks are not needed and what their function is? Plumbing and heating can have many forms,designs and quirks.
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
    • phill99
    • By phill99 11th Nov 18, 2:59 PM
    • 8,244 Posts
    • 7,429 Thanks
    phill99
    • 11th Nov 18, 2:59 PM
    • 11th Nov 18, 2:59 PM
    How can you be absolutely sure these tanks are not needed and what their function is? Plumbing and heating can have many forms,designs and quirks.
    Originally posted by C_Mababejive
    Struth......
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,602Posts Today

9,105Users online

Martin's Twitter