Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • shariann
    • By shariann 31st Oct 18, 10:40 AM
    • 952Posts
    • 5,860Thanks
    shariann
    Make up to £10 a day in November. Everyone welcome
    • 31st Oct 18, 10:40 AM
    Make up to £10 a day in November. Everyone welcome 31st Oct 18 at 10:40 AM
    Hello and welcome everybody

This is the 135th month of this challenge, which was first started by Batgirl, in September 2007. Here is a link to the original thread as I am sure some of you are interested to read where it all began.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=542835

Thanks to Batgirl for starting it and for everyone who has kept it going for 11 years! I would especially like to thank Aesop who has run the thread for the last few years

Quite a few of the regulars have taken a break recently so we would be really pleased to see some new faces and of course we would love to hear from any of our old posters even if it is just to say hello

It is only natural for the thread to evolve and change in a different direction and for new ideas to be explored.

The same with the challengers in this thread. Some become debt free, mortgage free, life takes a new path, new challenges, etc.

It is definitely worth joining, reading and joining in. It has helped so many people over the years and it has been amazing.

I am posting the new thread again this month and Kantankrus Mare will be posting the list of challengers. We hope to make the running of the thread a collaborative effort so it doesnít become too much work for anyone so please help out if you can.

This challenge was recently renamed as people seemed to be put off thinking they HAVE TO make £10 a day.

You don't.

The original purpose of this challenge was to help people to try and make an extra £10 a day on top of their normal income to help things along. Ie paying off debt, making savings, paying for holidays, overpaying mortgages etc.

That is exactly what this challenge is about, attempting to make extra income on top of your normal income to help you wherever you need it.

People start the challenge by setting a goal of £1 a day. Then when they find they are smashing this regularly, they up it to £5 a day. Some of us gluttons for punishment go for £10 a day. It really is entirely upto you. We only ask you to post what your goal is to help you keep motivated. Some days you make more and some days you make less, but aim for extra at the end of the month.

The idea is that everyone posts how they are making extra money and these shared ideas help all of us to learn new ways to help cut debt or earn/save money.

What cannot be added:
    Wages from your main job

What can be added:
    Overtime
    Income from a second job
    Daily clicks
    Interest
    Vouchers
    Mystery shopping
    And much, much more.

This board can move pretty quickly, so be sure to subscribe and read it regularly.

So who wants to join us?

Join this challenge and let's make those bank accounts fat, mortgages paid off, holidays paid off, savings account grow fatter, debts paid off and much much more!!!
    £10 a day November - £10.35/£300
    2014 £110.92 2015 £3732.30 2016 £1633.66 2017 £2991.70
    2018 Jan £604.94 Feb £264.01 March £360.26April £282.29May £329.59 June £84.34July £253.30August £234.82September £108.62October £551.15
Page 6
    • carbootcrazy
    • By carbootcrazy 9th Nov 18, 7:51 AM
    • 5,235 Posts
    • 29,874 Thanks
    carbootcrazy
    Well done to everyone who has made a cracking start already to the month

A big welcome to the newcomers. Lovely to see so may new faces. You've found the right place for lots of useful and friendly advice and tips. Any questions, just ask away. Here's to your success
    Original Debt: £56804 (@02/13). Now: £8097. Sub £9000 at long last.
    • Kantankrus Mare
    • By Kantankrus Mare 9th Nov 18, 8:02 AM
    • 5,384 Posts
    • 13,844 Thanks
    Kantankrus Mare
    Sorry Ive not been around much the last few days.

My dads triple heart op got cancelled again!! He was at the hospital overnight and signed consent forms, got the surgical stockings on and was cancelled an hour before.

Supposedly rebooked for next Tuesday but I wont get my hopes up.

£3 Amazon from swagbucks
    Make £10 a day challenge 2018 Jan/£163.14/Feb £116.10/March £5,060.77/April £160.28/May £124.83/Jun £236.71/July £183.73/Aug £251.84/Sep £366.48/Oct £169.63/Nov £173.40
    Walk 2000 miles in 2017....1780.35 miles
    Walk 2018 miles in 2018...1646.73 miles
    Mortgage...£47,070£46,092£45,626.£44,182,£43,721
    • unicorndeva
    • By unicorndeva 9th Nov 18, 12:49 PM
    • 115 Posts
    • 396 Thanks
    unicorndeva

My dads triple heart op got cancelled again!! He was at the hospital overnight and signed consent forms, got the surgical stockings on and was cancelled an hour before.

£3 Amazon from swagbucks
    Originally posted by Kantankrus Mare
    I'm sorry to hear your dad is being messed around so much... finger crossed for next Tuesday.

£3 Amazon voucher from Swagbucks for me too
    • daydreamsofaunicorn
    • By daydreamsofaunicorn 9th Nov 18, 3:42 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 245 Thanks
    daydreamsofaunicorn
    I know it's already the 9th but can I join in please? I've got a few things on Ebay at the moment & I have a few other things to put on. I need to start looking at other ways of making money also & I have so many grand plans and currently not much disposable income. I'm working nightshift tonight, hopefully it'll be a quiet one & I can have a look at what I can sign up to. Hoping to make £500 this month. A big task but I'm determined!

Lx
    November Make £500 - £176.02/£500
    • ImpulseSpender
    • By ImpulseSpender 9th Nov 18, 5:21 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 141 Thanks
    ImpulseSpender
    Made 4.53 these past few days with surveys on Qmee. Planning to list some thing on ebay over the weekend so hopefully I'll have more to add soon!
    Make £100 in November: £133.36/£150.00 / November NSDs: 4/15
    FD CC - 258.78/258.78, Santander CC - 50/3564.05, MBNA CC - 400/3144.96, Savings - £300/5000
    • Mumoffourkids
    • By Mumoffourkids 9th Nov 18, 9:26 PM
    • 701 Posts
    • 3,649 Thanks
    Mumoffourkids
    I've just transferred £20.40 profit from matched betting to my main current account so I'm now up to £326.31 this month so far.
    Total debt Dec 2017 £23090.83
    SEP 2018 £0 100% paid
    Emergency fund £257.38/£600
    Total Savings £1672.07
    • unicorndeva
    • By unicorndeva 9th Nov 18, 10:23 PM
    • 115 Posts
    • 396 Thanks
    unicorndeva
    £20 in Amazon vouchers from Swagbucks plus used £11 in shopping vouchers today
    • unicorndeva
    • By unicorndeva 9th Nov 18, 10:28 PM
    • 115 Posts
    • 396 Thanks
    unicorndeva
    This might be a bit TMI for our male members but I received in the post today, three vouchers from Always for their bladder leak range (three free products). If you get these vouchers, whether you need the products or not, could I urge you to get the products then take them to your local food bank (if you don't need them yourself) because there is bound to be someone that needs them but may not be able to afford them
    • A Random Man
    • By A Random Man 9th Nov 18, 11:36 PM
    • 264 Posts
    • 1,242 Thanks
    A Random Man
    Evening everyone I made approximately £6.62 today, I am just awaiting a free being being credited
    Make £10 A Day In September £263/£173.86 (66.10%)
    CC1 £3500/£586.74 CC2 £1100/£0.00 LOAN £7500/£6309.64
    Total Debt £12100/£6896.70
    (43% Paid)
    • Mrslamb
    • By Mrslamb 10th Nov 18, 1:15 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    Mrslamb
    Hi all!

I know I'm a bit late but could I join in for £10 a day for the rest of the month so £210?

I used to take part in this challenge years ago when it first started with my old username (that I now can't remember!) And would like to get back into it!

Thanks
    • Aesop
    • By Aesop 10th Nov 18, 4:13 PM
    • 23,843 Posts
    • 155,393 Thanks
    Aesop

£3 Amazon from swagbucks

so sorry to hear this worse things about ops, you work yourself up to having one, then they cancel
    Make upto £10 a day - best thread ever.

plod plod plod
    • Aesop
    • By Aesop 10th Nov 18, 4:17 PM
    • 23,843 Posts
    • 155,393 Thanks
    Aesop
    Ooh I don't know, I read about it on here! I found MSE forums because someone I worked with told me about using the vouchers for online shops an Google led me here and the shopping and voucher threads were like a little miracle

Ooh yes, it was MSE which taught me that the big supermarkets would accept each other's vouchers and also when you used to get the extra vouchers with your Clubcard ones, like '40 extra points if you buy ....', they'd still be accepted even if you didn't actually buy that thing, so I always had a few vouchers to hand over, happy days!!
    Originally posted by Hopeless Case
    it was great loads of that stuff going on until a certain person who owns this site went on tv and told everyone. it all got shelved very quickly after that, even the tosco health and beauty ones got shelved. shame as I was just finding out about that and it stopped

plod plod plod
    • Aesop
    • By Aesop 10th Nov 18, 4:20 PM
    • 23,843 Posts
    • 155,393 Thanks
    Aesop
    I picked up a Christmas catalogue yesterday and can't see a single voucher in it, so I'm going to take it back today!
    Originally posted by Hopeless Case
    didn't think the christmas catalogue was out yet? the vouchers were being issued in them around this time last year... that will be very disappointing. sure there is not another mag due?

plod plod plod
    • carbootcrazy
    • By carbootcrazy 10th Nov 18, 4:39 PM
    • 5,235 Posts
    • 29,874 Thanks
    carbootcrazy
    Lovely to see you, Aesop. I hope all's well with you and yours
    Original Debt: £56804 (@02/13). Now: £8097. Sub £9000 at long last.
    • Aesop
    • By Aesop 10th Nov 18, 4:55 PM
    • 23,843 Posts
    • 155,393 Thanks
    Aesop
    Slicethepie is one that has been around for yonks but Ive never really looked at it. Can anyone give me any info.....is it worth doing? Anyone got a referral?

I have felt a bit down this week........wondering if what I do to earn a bit extra is worth it, amongst other things. So I am trying to maximise what I do and enjoy the freebies. I think the problem is my OH seems to humour me and my moneysaving ways but he would soon moan if I started using my little extras to treat myself.
    I suppose because I dropped to working 3 days I feel I have to earn a bit extra to make up for it. Its not helping that we have our rental property up for sale and not a lot of interest. Wrong time of year and having to pay the mortgage and council tax is stretching us a little.

Sorry for rant.

XX

I do slice the pie when I remember. if you can get good reviews going, they offer you higher paid reviews on more interesting subjects. I have the app on my phone but find it hard to write the reviews there, easier on pc.

I work full time now and I hate it, boring job still, even though they promised I could do more and I find I spend more money on petrol and have to sit around waiting for DS. I pay for him to be in after school club and if I pick him up when I finish, he moans. He likes the company of the other kids etc.

I would much rather go back to 3 days a week.

and my DH is the same. all these freebies you get... more junk... all this scanning blah blah. just ask me for the money.

yes right, when I do you ask how much!!!!!!!!

so I am choosing to ignore him and do what I want. I don't stop him doing what he likes, his hobbies etc. So why can't I do what I like and enjoy?

sorry a bit down myself. also got told by 2 friends when they first met me, they thought I was very serious because I always look so serious and never smile. LOL. That got to me. They are friends and they stayed to get to know me and realised just becauseI don't smile all the time doesn't mean I am serious.

anyway, chin up hun. ignore DH. we are all entitled to treat ourselves. We need to look after number 1 too.

plod plod plod
    • Aesop
    • By Aesop 10th Nov 18, 4:59 PM
    • 23,843 Posts
    • 155,393 Thanks
    Aesop
    Lovely to see you, Aesop. I hope all's well with you and yours
    Originally posted by carbootcrazy
    up and down CBC.

I have decided I will join again this month but it will be a case of removing my signature and starting afresh in 2019. I will just plod along making money and when i get a chance will post.

If I see any new apps or remember anything ingenious for making money, i will post.

HOpe all is well with you health etc.

plod plod plod
    • Kantankrus Mare
    • By Kantankrus Mare 10th Nov 18, 5:17 PM
    • 5,384 Posts
    • 13,844 Thanks
    Kantankrus Mare
    Nice to see you Aesop!! What is wrong with our fellas eh? If only we could get them on board we would be doubly better off. Never gonna happen in this house, thats for sure. He would rather sit scrolling through facebook. Cant think of anything more boring!! Might give slicthepie a go once Ive got dad through with his op and recuperating.

Did you ever get moved? I really feel for you working full time again. It would depress me soooo much. Think I could do it if I had two different jobs but not all at the same place.
    Make £10 a day challenge 2018 Jan/£163.14/Feb £116.10/March £5,060.77/April £160.28/May £124.83/Jun £236.71/July £183.73/Aug £251.84/Sep £366.48/Oct £169.63/Nov £173.40
    Walk 2000 miles in 2017....1780.35 miles
    Walk 2018 miles in 2018...1646.73 miles
    Mortgage...£47,070£46,092£45,626.£44,182,£43,721
    • Aesop
    • By Aesop 10th Nov 18, 5:31 PM
    • 23,843 Posts
    • 155,393 Thanks
    Aesop
    Nice to see you Aesop!! What is wrong with our fellas eh? If only we could get them on board we would be doubly better off. Never gonna happen in this house, thats for sure. He would rather sit scrolling through facebook. Cant think of anything more boring!! Might give slicthepie a go once Ive got dad through with his op and recuperating.

Did you ever get moved? I really feel for you working full time again. It would depress me soooo much. Think I could do it if I had two different jobs but not all at the same place.
    yes bit of drama around moving, won't bore everyone on here with it all. but had to move over a week really quickly. I went full time to help with the bills and extra costs but feels like I am paying more out because of working full time.

plod plod plod
    • Aesop
    • By Aesop 10th Nov 18, 5:32 PM
    • 23,843 Posts
    • 155,393 Thanks
    Aesop
    good news the tesco mag with vouchers for xmas is not out yet. phew. keep checking due out soon

plod plod plod
    • A Random Man
    • By A Random Man 10th Nov 18, 7:02 PM
    • 264 Posts
    • 1,242 Thanks
    A Random Man
    Evening everyone £14.63 made today
    Make £10 A Day In September £263/£173.86 (66.10%)
    CC1 £3500/£586.74 CC2 £1100/£0.00 LOAN £7500/£6309.64
    Total Debt £12100/£6896.70
    (43% Paid)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,937Posts Today

6,905Users online

Martin's Twitter