Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • uselesspleasehelp
    • By uselesspleasehelp 27th Oct 18, 10:31 PM
    • 125Posts
    • 29Thanks
    uselesspleasehelp
    Papers only claim
    • 27th Oct 18, 10:31 PM
    Papers only claim 27th Oct 18 at 10:31 PM
    Please can someone help, I canít find anything on here about people getting a letter from Gladstones, with court forms attached asking for a papers only hearing. I saw,on Parking
    Pranksters site not do this and go for oral hearing, however my son was using my husbands car so the letters have been intercepted so he didnt see the fines. There were 4 that were ignored basically thinking it was a scam. My husband canít go to court, he would go beserk if he knew, I have sent claim forms back prior to this stating in the defence that the keeper wasnít the driver, but now have this come through, what will happen if I donít accept a papers claim? Will it still go to court?
Page 9
    • uselesspleasehelp
    • By uselesspleasehelp 7th Nov 18, 12:30 PM
    • 125 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    uselesspleasehelp
    I’m slightly mythed having just received a reply from dvla who say there hasn’t been any enquiry for the car concerned in the last 12 months. How would they of got the details then?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 7th Nov 18, 12:37 PM
    • 38,042 Posts
    • 22,139 Thanks
    Quentin
    Can't go through this massive thread to see if you already told us, when did the parking incident take place (exact date!)?
    • uselesspleasehelp
    • By uselesspleasehelp 7th Nov 18, 12:47 PM
    • 125 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    uselesspleasehelp
    That’s the trouble he kept one letter and that was by accident, and that one was dated in January this year, he asked dvla to go back to Dec last year. There were 4 tickets given out all around January
    • uselesspleasehelp
    • By uselesspleasehelp 7th Nov 18, 8:08 PM
    • 125 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    uselesspleasehelp
    Does anyone know why nothing came back from dvla on searches over the last 11 months? How can that be right?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Nov 18, 2:05 AM
    • 65,831 Posts
    • 78,336 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Maybe it started before that, or he could ask the PPC's Data Protection Officer by email (no phone calls):

How did you get my data, given the DVLA have confirmed no requests were made over the last 11 months?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • uselesspleasehelp
    • By uselesspleasehelp 8th Nov 18, 6:39 AM
    • 125 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    uselesspleasehelp
    I’v emailed and asked them to go back further and if that’s still comes back with nothing I’ll do that thankyou.
    • uselesspleasehelp
    • By uselesspleasehelp 12th Jan 19, 12:38 PM
    • 125 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    uselesspleasehelp
    Still having problems
    Hi again. Still no sign of pcm contacting dvla, they sent me the people who had and none are related to the parking company. Also, I filled out the form to,ask for the hearing to be held at my local court (as advised to on here) even though the last thing we want,is this, and was advised that when the court date comes through write and ask for it to be heard on papers after all. My husband got the letter from the court today and it says the judge has read the papers and has allocated it to the small claimes ,track. Could,you tell me why I got this response please? Also, and more importantly, as previous;y stated, Im trying to help my husband and son with this as none of us really have the mental capacity to know how to,graft a witness statement of evidence, simply as we donít have any as I previous;y stated on the thread. I am begging you to please help me in back to basic terms really, as to how,I do this, Iím terrified as we are just so stupid when it comes,to, this, and donít understand how you understand it so easily. They want me to send this to them by the 7th feb and a copy to Gladstones.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Jan 19, 12:42 PM
    • 21,043 Posts
    • 26,448 Thanks
    Redx
    the allocation to the small claims track is perfectly normal and means its moving to the next stage, so its totally expected and a part of the ongoing process

the CCBC should send you the DQ which you fill in and ask for your local court (or to be heard on papers)

ideally, you do not fill in the similar request that GLADRAGS will send you

once your local court sends you the next stage in the process, you can ask for it to be heard on papers IF the claimant pays the court fee to progress it , so you are waiting to see if they pay for it to go any further

think of it as a hurdle race, each one comes next, until the finish line

so if the CCBC (and not GLADRAGS) sent you the DQ and want it to be filled in by feb, follow the instructions by BARGEPOLE and google your local county court for civil claims and nominate it on the DQ and send (or email) a copy to the CCBC and send a copy to GLADRAGS as well

so at this stage its just the CCBC determining which is your local court and a few other bits and pieces, they will then allocate it to that local court, who will then write to you and to the claimant and will require the claimant to pay a court hearing fee, otherwise it wont go any further
    Last edited by Redx; 12-01-2019 at 1:59 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jan 19, 1:04 PM
    • 65,831 Posts
    • 78,336 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    My husband got the letter from the court today and it says the judge has read the papers and has allocated it to the small claimes ,track. Could,you tell me why I got this response please?
    Because that's the normal track to lead to a small claim hearing at your local court.

You need to simply read the NEWBIES thread about Witness Statement; I am certain you can hit 'Control & F' to search it for the word 'witness'.
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • uselesspleasehelp
    • By uselesspleasehelp 12th Jan 19, 1:15 PM
    • 125 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    uselesspleasehelp
    Thank you for your reply. Sorry I’m a little confused, I sent the dq back I think in November, and requested it be held in my local court, all filled in as suggested by barge pole in his popular post on newbies. I thought I would then get the court date but I have a ‘general form of judgement or order’ encouraging me to go for mediation and to file a witness statement to which is the bit I was dreading at how to to put this all together, so this is what was expected? Also attached to the form from my local court is the DQ from Gladstones
    Last edited by uselesspleasehelp; 12-01-2019 at 1:22 PM. Reason: Missed a bit
    • uselesspleasehelp
    • By uselesspleasehelp 12th Jan 19, 1:16 PM
    • 125 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    uselesspleasehelp
    Sorry I only have an iPad I donít have a computer, is this going to limit what I can do?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Jan 19, 2:07 PM
    • 21,043 Posts
    • 26,448 Thanks
    Redx
    Thank you for your reply. Sorry I’m a little confused, I sent the dq back I think in November, and requested it be held in my local court, all filled in as suggested by barge pole in his popular post on newbies. I thought I would then get the court date but I have a ‘general form of judgement or order’ encouraging me to go for mediation and to file a witness statement to which is the bit I was dreading at how to to put this all together, so this is what was expected? Also attached to the form from my local court is the DQ from Gladstones
    Originally posted by uselesspleasehelp

read this section 5)

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5546325

is that the stage you are at ?

did this latest letter come from your local county court ?

does it ask for a WS and evidence (exhibits) to be filed by 7th feb 2019 ?

if so, it should also have a court date in a few weeks or months time as well

using an IPAD is not ideal, a laptop is by far the best option
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • uselesspleasehelp
    • By uselesspleasehelp 12th Jan 19, 5:03 PM
    • 125 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    uselesspleasehelp
    Hi no Iv done that. The letter came from my local court and has a copy of Gladstone’s DQ attached, and our part is a letter titled judgement or order then states the judges name and that the judge has read the papers in this case and has allocated to small claims and that on reading my case feels it’s suitable for mediation, then to send a W/s to the court and Gladstone’s and confusing layout details. Iv not read this happening to anyone, or that I can find anyway.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Jan 19, 5:06 PM
    • 21,043 Posts
    • 26,448 Thanks
    Redx
    can you redact the paperwork (put white card over the name , address , reference number and VRM details etc), then take a picture or a scan and host it on tinypic so we can see what you can see please ?

and remember, no identifiers, just the main stuff that could be about anybody
    Newbies !!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jan 19, 10:43 PM
    • 65,831 Posts
    • 78,336 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Does it say that there will be an oral hearing?

It sounds like the Judge thinks the case is to be heard on the papers but we advised you not to agree to that, even if nearer the time you decided to not attend and tell the Judge before the hearing to hear it in your absence.

What does it say about the case/hearing or not, and did you complete a N159 or a N180?
    • uselesspleasehelp
    • By uselesspleasehelp 12th Jan 19, 11:00 PM
    • 125 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    uselesspleasehelp
    Judgement Letter

I filled out the I think N180 off the top of my head and said I didnít want it on papers, I wrote it word for word as suggested by Bargepole and put the court I wanted the hearing at.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jan 19, 11:03 PM
    • 65,831 Posts
    • 78,336 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    What does the second page/back say?
    • uselesspleasehelp
    • By uselesspleasehelp 12th Jan 19, 11:16 PM
    • 125 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    uselesspleasehelp
    Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jan 19, 11:59 PM
    • 65,831 Posts
    • 78,336 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Looks normal, as it talks about a hearing and the 'party giving evidence'.

I guess this court just likes to suggest Mediation (no!!) and to get the WS and evidence in early. As I said, all you need to do is go to the NEWBIES thread and hit 'Control & F' to search it for the word 'witness'. You will then see what to do.

The court has even explained how to head it up and end it, which is nice & clear.
    • uselesspleasehelp
    • By uselesspleasehelp 13th Jan 19, 10:36 AM
    • 125 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    uselesspleasehelp
    Oh ok, I hadnít seen any mention of this being a response to anyone else so was a bit unsure. I will have to try and find someone to help if I have to use a computer, Iv never needed one. And I will definitely get time to ask for papers only and not go to hearing still? I appreciate you have a lot of experience of this, I am well and truly lost with this and worried that I wonít be able to do it right, and unable to find something to use as a witness statement, I read through loads and then find itís a totally different situation and have to start again, I have a feeling itís becoming more hassle than itís worth and easier to just pay up and let them win, we just arenít cut out for this. I appreciate your help and will try to,piece together what on earth I can say, thank you
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,070Posts Today

7,722Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @paullewismoney: People who were students 1990-97 are being offered the chance to pay off half their unpaid student loan and the other h?

• As normal I am signing off twitter for the weekend - to spend time with mini and Mrs MSE. Hope you have a wonderfu? https://t.co/FG3sRfkIgA

• RT @LauraFrancis9: Top crew! We may film in the freeeeeeeezing cold every week, but this bunch make it fun. (And huge thanks as always to @?

• Follow Martin