IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Papers only claim

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,417 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Google the N180 form you need and print one off.

I told you to use a N180 and so did IamEmanresu in his second paragraph, and I told you why I favour that option, not N159.

I did explain why. To call their bluff.

My word this thread is like pulling teeth, it really is, we have to repeat everything.

We did not disagree, look at what IamEmanresu said, in his second paragraph. Same as I said!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Sorry. I just read back and IamEmanresu said to use the 159 not 180, I did double check as I thought I read it wrong but he said if court is t the route we want then he favours not to use the 180 unless I’ve already done so. Boy I’m confused now
  • Coupon-mad
    Oh please:
    Alternatively if the N180 has been sent, then you can change your mind about paper-only up to 7 days before a hearing date.
    WHICH IS WHAT I SAID TO DO, AND I EXPLAINED WHY TO DO IT THAT WAY.

I'm now out. Please just do as advised.
  • I’m sorry it’s like pulling teeth, I am far less intelligent than the people trying to help me and I’m in tears writing this because I’m struggling to understand it. I don’t understand some of the abbreviations either, I know things are repeated I’m so so sorry, I just definitely read on page 5 of this thread it says 159 that’s why I was confused otherwise I would just go ahead and fill in the N180
  • Coupon-mad
    But I TOLD you why to use the N180...

...I EXPLAINED...IN DETAIL

This is not about intelligence, it's about following advice and reading your answers, knowing there are 2 options but knowing WHY you are calling their bluff for now.
  • answer the OP's question, at the DQ stage you fill out the N159 form and not the N180 form. This will lead to the hearing being a paper only / non-attendance one, which is what I think your husband wants.

If people are not up to a day in court, then the N159 is the way to go. Alternatively if the N180 has been sent, then you can change your mind about paper-only up to 7 days before a hearing date.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Do you want to go "on the papers" and hand Gladstones an easy win? Yes? Then use form N159.

Do you want to go "on the papers" but make Gladstones think this will go to a hearing, so they'll have to work harder for it and might drop the claim, whereas a week or so before any hearing you'll declare "on the papers" (if the case is still proceeding)? Yes, Then use form N180.

BOTH approaches let you go "on the papers" ... N180 gives you an outside chance of the claim being dropped / Gladstones making more of a mistake thus improving your chances of winning.
  • Could we make one last request to anyone patient enough to listen. I have learning difficulties so
    This is harder for me. We have the N180 that I will fill in as suggested and send back via email to the court and I assume email to Gladstones unless
    I have to post to them? Also I haven’t any past letters from any company to refer to I disposed of them ages ago, We only have court letters, so no idea what We can use as evidence or statement, this is my last issue, we would just like to use papers only case if anyone is willing to help?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 2 November 2018 at 8:01PM
    Take care over any PMs you get offering to help now you have asked for it.

There are lurkers here who are not who they seem

If anyone does PM you check their post count (needs to be over 1000) and length of time here - or enquire about them in your thread

Your husband should be dealing with this, not you! (Why have you gone for a papers only hearing?)
  • Oh I had no idea ok thankyou. It’s a very long story, the short version is the cars my sons but in my husbands name, my son was the driver. Due to severe family issues right now my husband wont be able to go to court. They both spent many hours looking for advice but got confused like myself, we don’t find it easy, but I have persevered on their behalf because I’m worrying so much. People who know my situation personally understand my reasons but they don’t on here. We need the best outcome ie lowest charges definitely without oral court case that’s all, I’ve annoyed everyone just because I struggle to understand and that I’m trying g to help my son, I don’t know why people are so angry at me doing that
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure