IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Papers only claim

Comments

• Was referring to coupon mad saying it won’t happen that’s all. My husband is filling in the form anyway, I never said I was, was just a question to anyone who knows plain and simple
  • Can I just add that there is a lot of very good advice on here and a lot of I’m told ‘ out of date copy and paste template letters” however when your a total novice and completely out of your depth with this how to deal with Gladstones and court etc, knowing the difference is totally impossible, it’s all very confusing reading conflicting advice, I hold my hands up to trying to help my husband with this yet seems that’s not a popular decision on here. He will sign and fill out the form so not really an issue, he is just putting what I say, wrong or right, hence why I have asked advice on here, he has to fill out Dq form without wanting an oral court hearing so wondered best way to ensure this that’s all. But thankyou for any positive advice I’ve been given

• Sorry I’ve just read all this and it’s very helpful. However He doesnt want to go to court and just wants papers so do I still fill in the DQ online? Not the form they sent? Could I suggest mediation even though they don’t want to on their DQ? I know He won’t win so was just hoping to get the amount reduced now really, what do you think please?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 2 November 2018 at 3:00AM
    You do NOT want mediation because that's where your husband will be involved in a phone call and HE will be pressed to settle/pay.

You do not fill in the copy Gladstones sent - yes you can print one off from the court form finder page online or wait a bit for the court to send a N180 to you, as they will next week I expect.

I say, do NOT ask for the case to be heard on the papers yet. Refuse that, and let it carry on so Gs think it's going to a hearing. They will find your case harder and might discontinue!

If that doesn't happen, then a fair bit later, after the case has been allocated to your local court, and after your husband has submitted his signed/dated Witness Statement and evidence (you'll know about the stages from the NEWBIES thread by now) he can THEN elect to tell the Judge in writing that the case should be heard in the papers in his absence (he can do this a couple of weeks before the hearing).

DO NOT take the soft approach this early - no Mediation, no telling Gs you agree for it to be heard on the papers!

Call their bluff.
    when your a total novice and completely out of your depth with this how to deal with Gladstones and court etc, knowing the difference is totally impossible, it’s all very confusing reading conflicting advice
    Every person you see who has won their hearing - we have hundreds of wins to read, if you want to gain some confidence! - is EXACTLY like you, a total novice. No experience, scared, not lawyers, just people, and they all manage to do it and so can you, even if your husband does opt out of the hearing (at the later stage, as advised).

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    To answer the OP's question, at the DQ stage you fill out the N159 form and not the N180 form. This will lead to the hearing being a paper only / non-attendance one, which is what I think your husband wants.

If people are not up to a day in court, then the N159 is the way to go. Alternatively if the N180 has been sent, then you can change your mind about paper-only up to 7 days before a hearing date.
  • Can I ask if that is 100% the route it will take if We refuse papers? Iwe ust don’t want them to say ok here’s the court date and no we won’t do papers only, is that an option or does it always go the same way? Thanks for this advice by the way
  • My god how do you people know so much, I don’t know what I’d do without you. So if I can do both can I ask what is the best option? I have no evidence of anything and in comparison to most a rubbish defence as just copy and pasted from things I’ve seen on here. It’s for £800 so I can’t see them dropping it can you? They will fight me all the way I’m sure
  • Oh I’m a bit confused, you have both said different forms,
  • Coupon-mad wrote: »
    You do NOT want mediation because that's where your husband will be involved in a phone call and HE will be pressed to settle/pay.

You do not fill in the copy Gladstones sent - yes you can print one off from the court form finder page online or wait a bit for the court to send a N180 to you, as they will next week I expect.

I say, do NOT ask for the case to be heard on the papers yet. Refuse that, and let it carry on so Gs think it's going to a hearing. They will find your case harder and might discontinue!

If that doesn't happen, then a fair bit later, after the case has been allocated to your local court, and after your husband has submitted his signed/dated Witness Statement and evidence (you'll know about the stages from the NEWBIES thread by now) he can THEN elect to tell the Judge in writing that the case should be heard in the papers in his absence (he can do this a couple of weeks before the hearing).

DO NOT take the soft approach this early - no Mediation, no telling Gs you agree for it to be heard on the papers!

Call their bluff.

Every person you see who has won their hearing - we have hundreds of wins to read, if you want to gain some confidence! - is EXACTLY like you, a total novice. No experience, scared, not lawyers, just people, and they all manage to do it and so can you, even if your husband does opt out of the hearing (at the later stage, as advised).

:)

That's what I said #37 why make it easy for Gallstones, OP I hope your still reading lots :T
  • Sorry where do We get an N159 form I can’t find anything about it just N180 which they have sent me, And we are not sure what to put in the explain why box of why I don’t want to go down the small claims track?. So if We later ask to have papers only, will they not ask why We refused that initially and then maybe refuse my request? I’ll try and find the newbies section again, And look at stages, I’m sure last time We read it it was more applicable to people what want to go to court but I’ll look anyway thankyou
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure