Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • john-306
    • By john-306 26th Oct 18, 4:17 PM
    • 600Posts
    • 124Thanks
    john-306
    Vodafone BB
    • 26th Oct 18, 4:17 PM
    Vodafone BB 26th Oct 18 at 4:17 PM
    Hi, MSE email showing decent enough deal on Vodafone BB, just in time as my existing contract is about to end.
    MSE email states 21 p/m for 35mb fibre with 75 Amazon voucher.
    Then adding it's not for existing BB or Mobile customers.
    I can understand no existing BB customers, but what has having a mobile contract (I have) got to do with BB?
    Is it an error or genuine that I can't get it?
    Thanks for any info.
Page 2
    • gardner1
    • By gardner1 31st Oct 18, 12:52 AM
    • 2,733 Posts
    • 4,030 Thanks
    gardner1
    Been with them 6 months so far superfast 1 and speed has never dropped below 35 Mbps,was with sky before and had loads of hassle
    Just hoping they have a promotion on so i can upgrade to superfast 2 cheaply or for free
    • anotheruser
    • By anotheruser 31st Oct 18, 1:53 PM
    • 2,641 Posts
    • 1,552 Thanks
    anotheruser
    Had a letter from Virgin saying my Broadband was going up by 3 a month... less than 3 months after having a new deal.

I have to phone them at least three times a year about this same thing, and nearly every time, they will reduce the cost back. I wonder how many people just pay and accept.

Tired of all the phone calls so may give this Vodafone deal a go.

However, it tells me it'll be 60 for an engineer visit. That more or less wipes out the 75 card.

In that case, TakTalk seem attractive with no setup costs that I could see and 50 topcashback.
    • john-306
    • By john-306 31st Oct 18, 9:30 PM
    • 600 Posts
    • 124 Thanks
    john-306
    Had a letter from Virgin saying my Broadband was going up by 3 a month... less than 3 months after having a new deal.

I have to phone them at least three times a year about this same thing, and nearly every time, they will reduce the cost back. I wonder how many people just pay and accept.

Tired of all the phone calls so may give this Vodafone deal a go.

However, it tells me it'll be 60 for an engineer visit. That more or less wipes out the 75 card.

In that case, TakTalk seem attractive with no setup costs that I could see and 50 topcashback.
    Originally posted by anotheruser
    What's that about an engineer visit at 60 for?
    I need to sort something out this weekend, only really 2 choices, Vodafone or talk talk, and reading about talk talk I think I'll pass.
    • Pikeyp
    • By Pikeyp 1st Nov 18, 12:07 AM
    • 460 Posts
    • 190 Thanks
    Pikeyp
    It's a standard charge for a BT / Openreach engineer visit apparently, I've just moved to Vodafone from Virgin and had to have the phone line re-connected. I did try haggling with the Vodafone girl , but no dice sadly ...

Been pretty good so far , slower than Virgin of course (down from 100 to 76 (ish ..) , but at least I'm not disconnecting multiple times a day (glad to see the back of that damn Superhub 3 ..) ... I'm happy so far!
    • dibatyjo
    • By dibatyjo 2nd Nov 18, 4:31 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dibatyjo
    I have signed up to Vodaphone deal but how do I claim the 75 Amazon voucher?
    • mrs_scrooge
    • By mrs_scrooge 7th Nov 18, 7:41 PM
    • 185 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    mrs_scrooge
    I have signed up to Vodaphone deal but how do I claim the 75 Amazon voucher?
    Originally posted by dibatyjo
    Details will be sent to you 120 days after purchase (it's in the email from Decision Tech)
    • mrs_scrooge
    • By mrs_scrooge 7th Nov 18, 7:48 PM
    • 185 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    mrs_scrooge
    Anyone else signed up to the Vodafone Amazon voucher deal and got the paperwork through saying the contract is 24 months when it should be 18 months?
    • pocketslint
    • By pocketslint 8th Nov 18, 9:34 AM
    • 65 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    pocketslint
    Hi everyone, I have just signed up with Vodafone BB (Installed next week) on what was an 18 month contract. I have just received a letter confirming my connection next week, but it states that this is a 24 month contract. TBH I was happy with the 18 mth as it is very cheap, so long as there are no major issues, and similarly I am happy to stay with the 24 mth for the same reason. I just hope i am still as happy this time next year, and I don't see why I shouldn't be. I just thought I should post this as some folk may have a different opinion to a 24 mth contract.
    • mrs_scrooge
    • By mrs_scrooge 8th Nov 18, 3:26 PM
    • 185 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    mrs_scrooge
    Hi everyone, I have just signed up with Vodafone BB (Installed next week) on what was an 18 month contract. I have just received a letter confirming my connection next week, but it states that this is a 24 month contract. TBH I was happy with the 18 mth as it is very cheap, so long as there are no major issues, and similarly I am happy to stay with the 24 mth for the same reason. I just hope i am still as happy this time next year, and I don't see why I shouldn't be. I just thought I should post this as some folk may have a different opinion to a 24 mth contract.
    Originally posted by pocketslint
    Same has happened to me. I have contacted Vodafone via webchat and they have confirmed 18 months contract, said it must be a typing error. They advised me to keep the transcript of the webchat.
    • john-306
    • By john-306 9th Nov 18, 11:53 PM
    • 600 Posts
    • 124 Thanks
    john-306
    Only had the letter come today, luckily it says 18 month contract so won't have to phone them up and potentially compromise my cashback.
    Fingers crossed.
    • biba.doa
    • By biba.doa 14th Nov 18, 10:20 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    biba.doa
    Cancel and reorder
    Somehow I managed to miss the latest 75 cashback deal and placed an order yesterday without it. Do you think I could cancel and order again straight away using the cashback deal?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,706Posts Today

6,682Users online

Martin's Twitter