Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JohnB47
    • By JohnB47 25th Oct 18, 5:47 PM
    • 1,227Posts
    • 386Thanks
    JohnB47
    Eversmart saying my deal isn't fixed.
    • 25th Oct 18, 5:47 PM
    Eversmart saying my deal isn't fixed. 25th Oct 18 at 5:47 PM
    OK, I've read that this has happened to others but I've just been on the phone to Eversmart, discussing why it has taken so long to switch my elec. to them and me asking, if it really will happen tomorrow as they now say, when will my fixed deal actually start? The answer - it was never a fixed deal.

My response was to quote them the wording in the welcome pack I received from them (the contract as I see it) that says (for both gas and elec.) :

"Tariff ends on 20th August 2019
    Price guaranteed until 20th August 2019
    Exit fees £0.00"

Not to mention the fact that this tariff was advertised as Fixed and that's why I applied for it.

I have lodged a complaint with them. They apparently have up to 56 days to resolve the issue or I can/will go to Ombudsman.

Have others had this problem and what was the outcome?

What a shower. Never had a problem with IRESA.
Page 5
    • nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    • By nxdmsandkaskdjaqd 8th Nov 18, 5:36 PM
    • 552 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    I have even now complained to their CEO, 24 hrs latter no reply!!!
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 8th Nov 18, 5:40 PM
    • 3,893 Posts
    • 2,452 Thanks
    matelodave
    Do you honestly think that the CEO checks his own e-mails.

It will be done by a secretary or PA and then put into the same black hole as the rest of the stuff that comes in.
    Love makes the world go round - beer make it go round even faster
    Look after our planet - it's the only one with beer
    • JohnB47
    • By JohnB47 9th Nov 18, 11:45 AM
    • 1,227 Posts
    • 386 Thanks
    JohnB47
    I have even now complained to their CEO, 24 hrs latter no reply!!!
    Originally posted by nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    Edited 10/11/2018 to replace the word Ombudsman with OFGEM. I have not yet contacted the Ombudsman.

Worth doing.

I have now had a reply from OFGEM, asking me for more details. I supplied a copy of my Welcome Pack and text of various emails and 'chat' sessions between me and Eversmart.

Also had a reply, on the other Eversmart thread, about details of the Welcome Home tariff around July 2018.

To be expected, I suppose, but you can see that we who are on the 'Price Guaranteed' Welcome Home tariff are paying more than those on the 'variable' Welcome Home tariff. Posts #386 and #387 here:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5686344&page=20

When Eversmart told me they won't honour the Price Guarantee, they didn't offer to drop my charges to match the 'variable' Welcome Home Tariff. But then they don't seem to know what they're doing.

I've heard absolutely nothing from them since my last contact on 28th October, when I asked them for a copy of their complaints procedure. Ho hum.

P.S I've just spotted that my Welcome Pack also quotes a 'fixed monthly Direct Debit' amount. More evidence, if it was needed, that the tariff agreed was fixed.
    Last edited by JohnB47; 10-11-2018 at 2:09 PM.
    • HHarry
    • By HHarry 9th Nov 18, 12:28 PM
    • 456 Posts
    • 301 Thanks
    HHarry

P.S I've just spotted that my Welcome Pack also quotes a 'fixed monthly Direct Debit' amount. More evidence, if it was needed, that the tariff agreed was fixed.
    Originally posted by JohnB47

I'd say that's a bit of a red herring, a fixed DD amount doesn't equal a fixed tariff - if you end up using twice as much energy as estimated then your DD is probably going to go up.
    • neptcury
    • By neptcury 9th Nov 18, 12:41 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    neptcury
    Complained last week and received the stock email reply stating that it was a technical error.

Was also offered a £10 credit on my account as an apology.

Entered a meter reading online yesterday and phoned to ask a bill to be generated using it, and lo and behold, no credit applied.

I suggest you check your accounts those that have been promised this credit to see if its actually been applied.
    • wavelets
    • By wavelets 9th Nov 18, 12:59 PM
    • 558 Posts
    • 244 Thanks
    wavelets
    ^^^
    and as an added bonus to all us MSEer's it brought you back to this forum after a 2 year posting hiatus.

Not sure why any supplier, let alone a new, small, low cost one, would be thowing away tenners to those who complain when the supplier has not done anything wrong
    i.e. they have not attempted to increase anyones tariff during the fixed term of a tariff they said, erroneously or otherwise, was a fixed tariff.
    • JohnB47
    • By JohnB47 9th Nov 18, 2:02 PM
    • 1,227 Posts
    • 386 Thanks
    JohnB47
    ^^^
    and as an added bonus to all us MSEer's it brought you back to this forum after a 2 year posting hiatus.

Not sure why any supplier, let alone a new, small, low cost one, would be thowing away tenners to those who complain when the supplier has not done anything wrong
    i.e. they have not attempted to increase anyones tariff during the fixed term of a tariff they said, erroneously or otherwise, was a fixed tariff.
    Originally posted by wavelets
    OK each to his/her own view.

My view is that I have been offered and I accepted a fixed price dual fuel deal and the supplier later said they are "unable to honour the tariff we agreed to". (Their words).

Is that a supplier who "has not done anything wrong"?
    • Biggus Dickus
    • By Biggus Dickus 9th Nov 18, 2:26 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    Biggus Dickus
    OK each to his/her own view.

My view is that I have been offered and I accepted a fixed price dual fuel deal and the supplier later said they are "unable to honour the tariff we agreed to". (Their words).

Is that a supplier who "has not done anything wrong"?
    Eversmart are stealthy, insidious shysters, IMHO.
    • nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    • By nxdmsandkaskdjaqd 10th Nov 18, 12:04 PM
    • 552 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    nxdmsandkaskdjaqd

I have now had a reply from OFCOM, asking me for more details. I supplied a copy of my Welcome Pack and text of various emails and 'chat' sessions between me and Eversmart.
    Your reply from the regulator, I didn't receive a reply to my complaint, could you send me details of the respondent (possibly via private email as email address are not allowed on the forum)
    Last edited by nxdmsandkaskdjaqd; 10-11-2018 at 12:04 PM. Reason: typo
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 10th Nov 18, 1:29 PM
    • 6,557 Posts
    • 4,207 Thanks
    Hengus
    Your reply from the regulator, I didn't receive a reply to my complaint, could you send me details of the respondent (possibly via private email as email address are not allowed on the forum)
    I would extremely surprised if there was any response from OFCOM. I think that the poster means OFGEM. The Regulator will not comment on or investigate complaints from consumers.
    • nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    • By nxdmsandkaskdjaqd 10th Nov 18, 2:04 PM
    • 552 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    I would extremely surprised if there was any response from OFCOM. I think that the poster means OFGEM. The Regulator will not comment on or investigate complaints from consumers.
    Originally posted by Hengus
    In the case of Economy Energy it appears that OFGEM did get involved. See this post:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=74807496&postcount=145
    Now had an E mail back from OFGEM following my Whistleblower.
    Advised that all what has now happened between me and EE is going to happen.

That is confirmation of FIXED etc etc.
    See below:-

Thank you for contacting Ofgem.
    An energy supplier is not able to increase a fixed tariff. In this case, Economy Energy advertised their tariff as “fixed” by mistake, and will not increase the price of anyone who can prove they received a “fixed” offer.
    Economy Energy have been/should be in touch with affected customers who were provided with incorrect tariff information at the time of signing up to honour the fixed price for the period of the fixed term.
    I hope this has been helpful.
    Kind Regards,
    Georgia Bell
    Assistant Manager
    Consumer Affairs
    Last edited by nxdmsandkaskdjaqd; 10-11-2018 at 2:04 PM. Reason: Word added
    • JohnB47
    • By JohnB47 10th Nov 18, 2:09 PM
    • 1,227 Posts
    • 386 Thanks
    JohnB47
    I will send you details via a Private Message. And silly me it was OFGEM not OFCOM.
    • JohnB47
    • By JohnB47 10th Nov 18, 2:12 PM
    • 1,227 Posts
    • 386 Thanks
    JohnB47
    Originally posted by Hengus
    You are correct. I meant OFGEM. I have corrected my earlier post now.
    • nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    • By nxdmsandkaskdjaqd 12th Nov 18, 11:45 AM
    • 552 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    I have now heard from Eversmart Energy and they are "sorry that we are unable to reach a resolution". So I will now start a complaint withe the Ombudsman.
    Last edited by nxdmsandkaskdjaqd; 12-11-2018 at 11:48 AM. Reason: OFGEM incorrectly quoted
    • eerie
    • By eerie 12th Nov 18, 12:33 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    eerie
    I'm a prepaid customer who started a "No standing charge" fixed tariff a while ago.

The gas card and electricity key arrived, I plugged them in -- indeed no standing charge on the meter. Of course the tariff had appropriately high unit prices to compensate for this.

Recently I've noticed the meter running out much faster than before. I check the settings -- it's back to taking the standing charge again, and the high unit prices.

I email eversmart, and after a full week receive a reply saying that the offer has "ended" and they don't offer it anymore. Graciously they don't charge an exit fee.

On questioning why they would change my fixed tariff while it's running -- and not notify me of this at all -- they took another week to reply that the tariff ended for "regulatory" reasons.

They offered £10 in compensation. I'm not sure at which point they sneakily applied the tariff change to my meter (and how?), but I'm set back by at least twice this amount by now, and it's still ongoing of course.

I will send an official complaint right away, probably wait two weeks to get a reply, but seeing the other posts I don't think it will end amicably with them.
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 12th Nov 18, 1:24 PM
    • 3,893 Posts
    • 2,452 Thanks
    matelodave
    Hopefully you've kept all the documentation (welcome pack and any other letters, e-mais and details of the specific tariff etc) so you can challenge their stance.

One would have both hoped and expected that you would have got 30 days notice of any changes in the tariff or T&C's - either by post, e-mail or on-line bills or statements.

I am getting less confident about phoning organisations nowaday - If it's really important then it goes via "recorded delivery" or at the minimum using e-mail and saving it all. I even download and save webchats.

It may sound cynical but saving stuff has helped sort out several problems where it would have been nigh on impossible without having the evidence to hand.
    Love makes the world go round - beer make it go round even faster
    Look after our planet - it's the only one with beer
    • JohnB47
    • By JohnB47 12th Nov 18, 3:11 PM
    • 1,227 Posts
    • 386 Thanks
    JohnB47
    I have now heard from Eversmart Energy and they are "sorry that we are unable to reach a resolution". So I will now start a complaint withe the Ombudsman.

They've obviously decided to just pick off effected customers one by one and hope they accept £10 and put up with it. Very disappointing. Particularly as a similar position adopted by Economy Energy was rejected by by OFGEM.

I'll probably be taking the same route as you in a few days.

Did you email OFGEM?
    • nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    • By nxdmsandkaskdjaqd 12th Nov 18, 4:32 PM
    • 552 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    I have put a complaint into the ombudsman (our formal complaint route as a domestic customer) and also OFGEM.
    • nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    • By nxdmsandkaskdjaqd 12th Nov 18, 5:50 PM
    • 552 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    Particularly as a similar position adopted by Economy Energy was rejected by by OFGEM.
    I thought the email from OFGEM was a positive message for consumers, have I read it wrong?

Thank you for contacting Ofgem.
    An energy supplier is not able to increase a fixed tariff. In this case, Economy Energy advertised their tariff as “fixed” by mistake, and will not increase the price of anyone who can prove they received a “fixed” offer.
    Economy Energy have been/should be in touch with affected customers who were provided with incorrect tariff information at the time of signing up to honour the fixed price for the period of the fixed term.
    I hope this has been helpful.
    Kind Regards,
    {Edited by Forum Team}
    Assistant Manager
    Consumer Affairs
    Last edited by MSE Tine; 13-11-2018 at 11:38 AM. Reason: {Edited by Forum Team}
    • JohnB47
    • By JohnB47 12th Nov 18, 6:11 PM
    • 1,227 Posts
    • 386 Thanks
    JohnB47
    I thought the email from OFGEM was a positive message for consumers, have I read it wrong?
    I read it as very positive for our situation.

At the same time as raising my complaint with Eversmart, I asked them for a copy of their complaints procedure. There has been no response to date. Did you get a copy of the procedure? The Ombudmans advice is:

"4. Ask the energy provider for a copy of its complaints procedure or ask where you can find it on the company's website. Energy suppliers are required to tell you the best way to complain about the service they provide to you. Follow each stage of the complaints procedure until the problem is resolved."

I can't find any trace of it on their website. If you follow Help/Help and Faqs./Complaints/I want to make a complaint. What should I do? it says:

"We set out to offer exceptional customer service and aim to give you an easier, smarter, more stress-free solution to your energy. If for any reason you are not happy and would like to raise a complaint, please contact us on 0330 102 7901 or email complaints@eversmartenergy.co.uk."

So I'm taking that as their complaints procedure and that's the procedure that I'll tell the Ombudsman I followed.

Best of Luck.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,600Posts Today

4,266Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Today's twitter poll: The 585 page draft agreement of the withdrawal of the UK from the EU has been published. A? https://t.co/8YLkPyzqYM

• Follow Martin