IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Ignored NCP fine because I paid, now have letter from ZZPS?

Comments

• "In terms of when you paid the fee, does the machine only allow you to pay if the VRM you punch in is exactly the same as one that has entered the car park, denying you the ability to pay if the VRMs don't match?"

Yes I had to type in my vehicle registration to pay when I left the car park. I don't understand how I received this ticket in the first place when I clearly paid? The letter they sent me has a picture of me driving into the car park and my registration is visible on it. Although for vehicle colour they have wrote 'black' when my car is grey.

https:// imgur.com /a/ Ql5rtTH
  • I'm no expert dealing with scammers and others will advise better BUT I think you've got a slam dunk win because ultimately YOU PAID!!!

However you will have to go through the motions with these idiots because they don't care about truth, honesty and best of all morals.

Don't try and understand how these scammers work just deal with it methodically and without emotion, you will beat them eventually and will hopefully cause them as much grief as possible but as I have learnt they really don't care, they have a near perfect system set up to intimidate and bully people into paying, don't fall for their lies.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    There should have been a formal rejection letter before that one. As above send a SAR to NPC. They have either not received your appeal or have ignored it.
  • JimmyJonesII
    JimmyJonesII Posts: 10 Forumite
    edited 25 October 2018 at 12:30PM
    Here's my bank statement with the dates next to the letter... https:// imgur.com /a/ fFLlUgS

I will now do what you've suggested and send an SAR to NCP. Do I do it through the appeals form on their website or what? Do you have any templates I can use or will I keep it short and sweet?

Also will I completely ignore this ZZPS letter for now?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,256
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    https://imgur.com/a/Ql5rtTH

https://imgur.com/a/fFLlUgS
    Do I do it through the appeals form on their website or what?
    I wouldn't go through the appeals portal, as they have the excuse to ignore it as it isn't an appeal.
    Do you have any templates I can use or will I keep it short and sweet?
    No templates, but the link I gave you in post #10 takes you to a discussion thread where you should get plenty of ideas about what to include.

Short and sweet might get you a short and sweet response, missing information you really require. So I'd be very clear in the SAR about exactly what you want - ideas in the linked thread should get you on your way.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • If you get a POPLA code and for some reason don't win, they will continue to pursue you. Whilst we say to ignore until LBC stage, where you have an absolute defence, I would write back every time because it puts you in a better position ultimately to claim costs and to set yourself up for a Data Protection breach claim and a harassment claim.

Dear Sirs

On x I first appealed to [you/your client] pointing out that on the day in question I did pay for the parking, and producing evidence of my payment.

It is a mystery why that appeal was rejected, which makes a mockery of its offering of an internal appeal.

I have proved to [you/your client] that I paid for the period of parking. There is nothing else I can do. [You/your client] choose to ignore that, and continue to harass me for payment in respect of a debt which is nothing other than a fiction.

I require you to cease writing to me and I require you to cease retaining and processing my data. Your actions constitute harassment under the Protection from Harassment Act and a breach of my rights under the Data Protection Act.

If you do not cease writing to me and do not destroy the data you hold relating to me then I reserve all my rights to make a claim for damages.

This is the [2nd/3rd/4th etc] time I have written to you in these terms. This aggravates the damages I am entitled to claim.

Yours faithfully

If you are sending this to debt collectors, you send a copy to NCP as well.
    Dear Sirs,
    Please see enclosed letter to your debt collecting agents. You are liable for their actions as principal and I ask you to note the final paragraph. I note that this is the [2nd/3rd/4th etc] time I have written to you in these terms, which will aggravate the damages sought.
    Should you continue to pursue me via the courts when I have demonstrated to you that there is no valid claim at all, then I put you on notice that I will apply for costs against you under Rule 27.14(2)(b).
    Yours faithfully....

Just rinse and repeat every time. Keep copies.
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
  • Right guys here's the latest... I emailed NCP asking for the POPLA code but have heard nothing back. I then sent the following email to ZZPS...

"Dear Sirs

I appealed to your client NCP pointing out that on the day in question I did pay for the parking, and producing evidence of my payment.

It is a mystery why that appeal was rejected, which makes a mockery of its offering of an internal appeal.

I have proved to NCP that I paid for the period of parking, I have evidence on my bank statement that I paid for parking on the date in question. There is nothing else I can do. NCP chooses to ignore that, and continue to harass me for payment in respect of a debt which is nothing other than a fiction.

I require you to cease writing to me and I require you to cease retaining and processing my data. Your actions constitute harassment under the Protection from Harassment Act and a breach of my rights under the Data Protection Act.

If you do not cease writing to me and do not destroy the data you hold relating to me then I reserve all my rights to make a claim for damages.

Yours faithfully ."

and here is what ZZPS sent me back...

"Good morning,

Thank you for your email.

Please note, as this account has progressed to the debt recovery stage the options currently available are to either pay the outstanding balance in full or allow this account to progress accordingly.

Our client feels there is sufficient evidence to pursue this PCN and have maintained their instruction to recover the outstanding balance. If the account remains unresolved it will progress to the legal stage and be passed to the solicitors.

Kind regards
    Michael Fox
    "

What do I say back? Or will I just ignore them from this point?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Right guys here's the latest... I emailed NCP asking for the POPLA code but have heard nothing back. I then sent the following email to ZZPS...

"Dear Sirs

I appealed to your client NCP pointing out that on the day in question I did pay for the parking, and producing evidence of my payment.

I have proved to NCP that I paid for the period of parking, I have evidence on my bank statement that I paid for parking on the date in question. There is nothing else I can do. NCP chooses to ignore that, and continue to harass me for payment in respect of a debt which is nothing other than a fiction.

Yours faithfully ."

and here is what ZZPS sent me back...

"Good morning,

Thank you for your email.

Please note, as this account has progressed to the debt recovery stage the options currently available are to either pay the outstanding balance in full or allow this account to progress accordingly.

Our client feels there is sufficient evidence to pursue this PCN and have maintained their instruction to recover the outstanding balance. If the account remains unresolved it will progress to the legal stage and be passed to the solicitors.

Kind regards
    Michael Fox
    "

What do I say back? Or will I just ignore them from this point?

HEY what are you doing talking to known scammers like ZZPS.

ZZPS are only hapless middle men with zero power and so what if it's at debt collector stage ??? YOU MUST IGNORE THEM

If your story is correct, then let NCP follow through to their "losers" legal being BWLegal and a judge will whoop them AGAIN in court. You can then claim your costs

There is no doubt from what we see recently, that someone, if not everyone is brain dead in NCP
  • beamerguy wrote: »
    ZZPS are only hapless middle men with zero power and so what if it's at debt collector stage ??? YOU MUST IGNORE THEM

If your story is correct, then let NCP follow through to their "losers" legal being BWLegal and a judge will whoop them AGAIN in court. You can then claim your costs

There is no doubt from what we see recently, that someone, if not everyone is brain dead in NCP

I'm perfectly happy to ignore them but the car is in my dads name and he keeps giving me crap about these letters. :(

How many more letters will they send before they give up? What are the chances that we could end up in court because of this? I have 100% proof on my bank statement so I would be completely fine with going to court but I'm worried my dad would be a dumbass and try and pay it before it got to that point.

I would gladly go to court tomorrow if I could and whip out my bank statement in front of the judge.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Did you send a SAR to NCP? That has been advised in several posts. If not do it straight away.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure