Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JimmyJonesII
    • By JimmyJonesII 25th Oct 18, 11:54 AM
    • 10Posts
    • 0Thanks
    JimmyJonesII
    Ignored NCP fine because I paid, now have letter from ZZPS?
    • 25th Oct 18, 11:54 AM
    Ignored NCP fine because I paid, now have letter from ZZPS? 25th Oct 18 at 11:54 AM
    I parked in an NCP car park in July. It's one of the car parks where you pay when your leaving, so I swiped my card on the machine and paid on the way out.

A few weeks go by and I receive a PCN through the door because I hadn't paid for my parking. I knew this had to be a mistake as I always go to the machine on the way out of the car park, so I checked my online banking and I have a payment to NCP on the date they say I never paid them.

I go on the NCP website and I use their appeals form telling them that I did pay and show them the evidence on my bank statement. A few days go by and they say my appeal has been rejected and have to pay. I then send another two messages on their appeals form saying how they have blatantly ignored my evidence and I wont be paying.

I hear nothing back and think that's the end of the matter, but today I get a letter from ZZPS which says...

"Your unpaid PCN has been passed to us to resolve. The balance owed is now 160 and now includes late payments and any debt recovery charges."

What to I do now? I read on here something about POPLA but have I missed the deadline? I was looking at my letters and can't see any POPLA codes anywhere so I can't appeal on the POPLA website?
Page 2
    • waamo
    • By waamo 9th Nov 18, 5:25 PM
    • 4,692 Posts
    • 6,076 Thanks
    waamo
    Did you send a SAR to NCP? That has been advised in several posts. If not do it straight away.
    This space for hire.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 9th Nov 18, 5:37 PM
    • 9,274 Posts
    • 12,207 Thanks
    beamerguy
    I'm perfectly happy to ignore them but the car is in my dads name and he keeps giving me crap about these letters.

How many more letters will they send before they give up? What are the chances that we could end up in court because of this? I have 100% proof on my bank statement so I would be completely fine with going to court but I'm worried my dad would be a dumbass and try and pay it before it got to that point.

I would gladly go to court tomorrow if I could and whip out my bank statement in front of the judge.
    Originally posted by JimmyJonesII
    We never know what these scammers will do and when.
    Over the last 6 months, NCP has become very aggressive but that does not mean they would win, especially using BWLegal which is their favourite at the moment.

100% PROOF is required to win so you could suggest to your dad that he advises NCP (not the rabble ZZPS) who was the driver which would then put the liability on you.
    But when doing this it must be impressed on NCP that you have proof that the amount was paid and that a bank statement will be shown to the court. You also request confirmation of your email/letter.

Gets your dad off the hook, not something we normally suggest but as said, if you have 100% proof, you can have fun in watching them being whooped in court
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • JimmyJonesII
    • By JimmyJonesII 9th Nov 18, 5:37 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JimmyJonesII
    Did you send a SAR to NCP? That has been advised in several posts. If not do it straight away.
    Originally posted by waamo
    I just send one there. Do I have to attach the V5 document or can I leave that out?
    • waamo
    • By waamo 9th Nov 18, 5:40 PM
    • 4,692 Posts
    • 6,076 Thanks
    waamo
    I just send one there. Do I have to attach the V5 document or can I leave that out?
    I don't see any harm in attaching it.
    This space for hire.
    • JimmyJonesII
    • By JimmyJonesII 9th Nov 18, 5:44 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JimmyJonesII
    I don't see any harm in attaching it.
    Originally posted by waamo
    Do you think this is good enough proof if I had to go to court? I would of course go to the bank and ask for a physical statement.

hxxps://imgur.com/a/fFLlUgS
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 9th Nov 18, 5:48 PM
    • 9,274 Posts
    • 12,207 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Do you think this is good enough proof if I had to go to court? I would of course go to the bank and ask for a physical statement.

hxxps://imgur.com/a/fFLlUgS
    https://imgur.com/a/fFLlUgS

Yes, and a bank statement will back this up
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 9th Nov 18, 6:03 PM
    • 10,556 Posts
    • 10,396 Thanks
    The Deep
    A few days go by and they say my appeal has been rejected and have to pay

They are calling you a liar, let them take you to court, and see who the judge believes. Then, when he finds for you, ask for unreasonable behaviour costs,

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of alleged contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and others have already been named and shamed in the House of Commons as have Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each week, hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned. They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

The problem has become so widespread that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. It has even been suggested that some of these companies have links with organised crime.

Watch the video of the Second Reading and committee stage in the House of Commons recently. MPs have a very low opinion of this industry.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-07-19/debates/2b90805c-bff8-4707-8bdc-b0bfae5a7ad5/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill(FirstSitting)

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by in the not too distant future..
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,408Posts Today

7,148Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Today's twitter poll: The 585 page draft agreement of the withdrawal of the UK from the EU has been published. A? https://t.co/8YLkPyzqYM

• Follow Martin