Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Joe90sw
    • By Joe90sw 24th Oct 18, 6:48 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Joe90sw
    Help with CPM please
    • 24th Oct 18, 6:48 PM
    Help with CPM please 24th Oct 18 at 6:48 PM
    I'll keep this as short as possible.

So I played football at goals on a university campus. I've only played there twice. The first time I played there I got a ticket from PCM.
    I'll explain the mistake I made. So there's 2 receptions, one for the university and one small one hidden around a corner in a room for goals. As you cross the car park you can't see the goals one as its out of line of sight. Being as it was the first time I had played there, and not realising there were 2 receptions I went through the main building doors, through the open turnstiles, where I saw a sign saying "Goals" above double doors. I went through these door and into a large room full of tables with a bar, the pitches are outside this room, so I went straight to them and on my way I passed someone with a lanyard around their neck and asked if I had to "pay" for parking, he replied that "it was free". I assumed that it must be because its the evening or because its off term time. At no point did I see a reception for goals.
    After playing football I followed the lads, who needed the changing rooms, which incidentally are beside the University reception, so again at no point did I see a reception for goals.
    The second time I played there, a week later, I followed the lads as I meet them in the car park, and went through goals reception where there are signs about the parking and a little ipad to put in car registration details. Obviously panicked I asked if this is what you have to do every time and the guy on reception told me parking is free for those using goals but you have to enter details into the ipad. I explained that I didn't do that last time and the situation and he said sometimes people get away with it sometimes they don't but not to worry and to just follow the appeals process. Did that and CPM have rejected my appeal.

My question really is where do I stand and what should I do. Essentially CPM are stating that I "didn't pay for the full duration of my stay". But I would argue that as the cost of the duration of my stay was in fact 0.00p then I have paid in full for my stay. They're saying I need to pay 100 or they'll put a CCJ against me which I don't want but I also don't think I should have to pay the hugely disproportionate fee for something that should have been free.
    As I understand it from reviews of this Goals location is that a lot of people have been caught out by this, also goals said this happens a lot as well.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
Page 1
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 24th Oct 18, 6:59 PM
    • 9,247 Posts
    • 12,179 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 24th Oct 18, 6:59 PM
    • 24th Oct 18, 6:59 PM
    I need to pay 100 or they'll put a CCJ against me

PCM do come out with the utmost rubbish. No surprise, they are scammers. Read this to expose their lies

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5849106&highlight=myth

NOW, it's your job to prove these scammers are wrong

I know nothing about "Goals" but they should now start to get this scammer terminated
    Last edited by beamerguy; 24-10-2018 at 7:02 PM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Joe90sw
    • By Joe90sw 24th Oct 18, 7:22 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Joe90sw
    • 24th Oct 18, 7:22 PM
    • 24th Oct 18, 7:22 PM
    Goals use the universities facilities and parking. I tried to find someone at the university to speak to about this but the receptionist there, well a woman on the reception, claimed that she was equally the highest authority on the campus regarding parking and that I had to take it up with CPM but she was also very rude and unsympathetic and basically claimed it was my own fault and I should have known to sign in at the Goals reception. But as I stated, unless you know their reception is where it is it isn't obvious.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 24th Oct 18, 7:37 PM
    • 9,247 Posts
    • 12,179 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 24th Oct 18, 7:37 PM
    • 24th Oct 18, 7:37 PM
    Goals use the universities facilities and parking. I tried to find someone at the university to speak to about this but the receptionist there, well a woman on the reception, claimed that she was equally the highest authority on the campus regarding parking and that I had to take it up with CPM but she was also very rude and unsympathetic and basically claimed it was my own fault and I should have known to sign in at the Goals reception. But as I stated, unless you know their reception is where it is it isn't obvious.
    Originally posted by Joe90sw
    AH-HA ..... they normally get rude when they are getting lots of complaints. Truth is, if they have anything to do with employing CPM, they are jointly responsible for the actions of their agents.

Will they be so rude when faced with going to court to explain the activity of CPM ...... you can join them into any court action

Best for them to get all these tickets cancelled now before an explosion takes place.
    Then they need to put a collar and chain on CPM

Show them this link

https://parking-prankster.blogspot.com/search?q=cpm
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Joe90sw
    • By Joe90sw 10th Nov 18, 11:51 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Joe90sw
    • 10th Nov 18, 11:51 AM
    • 10th Nov 18, 11:51 AM
    So what should I do? Should I pay these a-holes?
    I couldn't send to the 'independent appeals' as I was moving home at the time of all this and only got the original appeal verdict when there simply wasn't enough time for it to arrive at their offices, plus I hear it wouldn't have mattered as they're in the pocket of CPM.
    Lots of people are getting caught out with this. (Google 'goals bristol north reviews' and check their Facebook reviews). They're now sending me letters saying I need to pay it with 28days or it goes up to 160.
    It just seems to me that the college and goals don't want to help. Neither will give me the contact details of someone in the college who deals with CPM and they both tell me I have to deal with CPM directly.
    My main issue is that CPM say I 'didn't pay all or some of the fee for parking' but the fee should have been 0.00 so to me I paid my parking charge in full I just made a mistake (like others have) jumping through one of the hoops they put in place.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 10th Nov 18, 12:21 PM
    • 37,874 Posts
    • 22,005 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 10th Nov 18, 12:21 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 12:21 PM
    #4 in the Newbies FAQ covers the wait and see stage you are now in.

Ignore everything except a LBCCA or court correspondence

If it comes to that come back for advice on how to defend this at that time

In the meantime keep on at the University to get this cancelled

You say you have moved. You do need to make sure the PPC knows your new address otherwise you risk them winning a default CCJ against you that you no nothing about if all correspondence goes to your old address
    Last edited by Quentin; 10-11-2018 at 12:33 PM.
    • Joe90sw
    • By Joe90sw 13th Nov 18, 4:11 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Joe90sw
    • 13th Nov 18, 4:11 PM
    • 13th Nov 18, 4:11 PM
    Sorry I'm new here. Where is this #4 of the newbies section? I can't even seem to find the newbies section.

I will email CPM about my address change but currently mail is being redirected which is how I know I am being threatened with fine increases.

What do I do with regards to the college being unwilling to pass on details about who to speak to regarding this? Goals have no interest and simply say I have to deal with CPM and the college outright deny that there is anyone to speak to within their organisation.
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 13th Nov 18, 4:38 PM
    • 3,346 Posts
    • 2,297 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 13th Nov 18, 4:38 PM
    • 13th Nov 18, 4:38 PM
    Click back to the front page of the Parking sub-forum and then it is the third post down with lots of ******** and NEWBIE ****** Click on that and scroll down to post #4. Post number is in top right hand corner for example this is post # 8. If you cannot do it that way, follow this link.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

126Posts Today

1,573Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've just heard about the 8 month pregnant woman shot through the stomach by a crossbow. Its both evil and medie? https://t.co/hQTOxWiXhj

• Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Have you haggled on the high street in the last year? If so who with and did you succeed? Please vote in this week? https://t.co/fdzmmFfA4u

• Follow Martin