Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lola1234
    • By Lola1234 15th Oct 18, 1:49 PM
    • 26Posts
    • 14Thanks
    Lola1234
    UKPS noticed to keeper received
    • 15th Oct 18, 1:49 PM
    UKPS noticed to keeper received 15th Oct 18 at 1:49 PM
    Hi

I think I may have messed up, as I was parked on 8 August in the car park managed by UKPS. Unfortunately when I received the notification, I wrote to them in hardcopy via Royal mail. Mistake?

I have now received A notice to keeper on 16th September 2018, but this was dated the 12th of September 2018. Interestingly, the PCM was issued on 15 August, so does the fact that I received the notice to keeper one month after 15 August have any bearing.

Today, 12th of October, I have received a get recovery letter from debt recovery plus based at PO Box 411 DulkingField SK14 9DD.

My intention in line with Formum advice is to simply tell them to refer back to UKPS

I suppose my questions our

Have I missed this potential appeal up?
    Is the notice to keeper valid as it appears that it was over a month from the PCN?
    Should I tell debt recovery plus to simply refer the matter back to UKPS

I will attempt to attach the documentation below

thanks in advance

SO

NTK - hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1FAaEGMgJ2HS7fgRulPXqfVWNiJ1bdTJ-/view?usp=sharing
    My letter - hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1KvH0fxvCkwa4M4fmGFrX8fquohFQkEUV/view?usp=sharing

Debt Recovery letter - hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1KO0nFbDSZnvQtz448Dec1ExFo5ZPL29f/view?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Lola1234; 25-10-2018 at 12:11 PM. Reason: links
Page 2
    • Lola1234
    • By Lola1234 1st May 19, 8:37 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Lola1234
    Letter of refusal of Restriction of Processing of Data
    Hi This is a letter I received from Gladstones solicitors via email after I asked for Restriction of Processing of Data

Advice welcome on next steps please and I thought it may be useful for others to see

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Our Reference: xxxxxxxxxxLH/KW

29th April 2019

Dear S.O.

Request for Restriction of Processing of Data

We refer to your request regarding the restriction of processing of data.

Unfortunately we cannot process your request because we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing of your data which override the interests, rights and freedoms of you as an individual. That legitimate interest being that we are acting on behalf of our client for the recovery of monies relating to an unpaid Parking Charge Notice.

To process your data is necessary and lawful, as it is required in furtherance of our clientís instructions, and we act for them on their rights and obligations for the recovery of such monies.

We will however extend the Pre Action Protocol period by 30 days to 29th May 2019. Please pay or reply by that date. Any reply received outside of the 30 day period may not be considered as legal proceedings are likely to have been issued

If you are not satisfied with our decision, you have a right to complain to a supervisory authority. At this stage you should contact the Information Commissionerís Office (ICO) at Wycliffe, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF (Telephone 0303 123 1113). Please note that time limits may apply and so you should contact the ICO as soon as ever possible following our review decision.

We must also advise you that you also have the right to a judicial remedy (ie claim compensation through the courts), if you remain unsatisfied with the outcome of a complaint to the supervisory authority and you believe there has been a breach of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. The ICO cannot award compensation and so if you cannot reach an agreement with us on the amount of compensation where appropriate, you can apply to court. You should seek independent advice at any stage that you feel it necessary.

Yours sincerely
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helllllllllllllp! AND THANKS IN ADVANCE.
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 1st May 19, 8:40 AM
    • 6,716 Posts
    • 6,807 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    We've seen similar letters many times. The usual way to get them to (consider) restriction of process of data is to tell them you are seeking debt advice - even though you dispute the debt. Search the forum using Coupon-mad as user name and debt advice as your search term. Change from threads to posts.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 1st May 19, 7:08 PM
    • 76,841 Posts
    • 90,197 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Advice welcome on next steps please
    Please - not that phrase. HATE IT. I don't know if it's American or not but where does everyone get that awful childish 'what are the next steps' phrase from on this forum?!

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=75764853#post75764853

Say in reply: 'I am seeking debt advice - now put the case on hold for 30 days' to the solicitor - as repeated ad infinitum in April on dozens of threads.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Lola1234
    • By Lola1234 8th Jun 19, 10:22 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Lola1234
    No response to my SAR request over 6 weeks ago and no further correspondence from solicitor (although they did give the extra month). Should I just sit tight and read the posts?
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 8th Jun 19, 11:22 AM
    • 6,716 Posts
    • 6,807 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    No response to my SAR request over 6 weeks ago and no further correspondence from solicitor (although they did give the extra month). Should I just sit tight and read the posts?
    Originally posted by Lola1234
    If you are certain you submitted a valid SAR, then follow it up by making the request again, adding proof of your earlier request, stating that your are reporting the PPC to the ICO and copying this all to the ICO.
    • Lola1234
    • By Lola1234 14th Jun 19, 9:42 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Lola1234
    SAR request responded to
    Sent complain to ICO; UKPS and solicitor. Hey presto SAR request information received today. Now i presume the fun will begin
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jun 19, 10:26 PM
    • 76,841 Posts
    • 90,197 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    What's the contravention alleged?

What sort of car park, and if residential, do you live there as tenant or as owner/leaseholder?

Any glaring stuff in the SAR like rubbish blurry photos taken in one minute in the dark?
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Lola1234
    • By Lola1234 17th Jun 19, 1:30 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Lola1234
    SAR request responded to
    No - but the car park is split by a small hedge that is in disrepair. On one side is a parking machine - i bought a ticket and displayed it - they even provided a picture of this as evidence.

Unfortunately the side i parked on (even though just behind the machine) is managed by UKPS and there is no visible machine.

So i genuinely tried to park legally, only to be confused by signage and the position of the machine (council i think)
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th Jun 19, 1:23 AM
    • 76,841 Posts
    • 90,197 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    No - but the car park is split by a small hedge that is in disrepair. On one side is a parking machine - i bought a ticket and displayed it - they even provided a picture of this as evidence.
    OK that will help in your evidence later, during the inevitable claim process.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

149Posts Today

1,230Users online

Martin's Twitter