Auto-enrolment forum is pointless

Hi,

I would like to highlight my concern with this Auto-enrolment forum. Is it possible to merge the threads in this forum with Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning forum since it would mean that posters will no longer post in Auto-enrolment forum therefore getting a far better chance getting the answers from the posters.

It is just I hardly see anyone viewing the Auto-enrolment and it is unfair for the posters who post in Auto-enrolment forum not to get any response or response in few days in which they may forget about to check in the future.

I thought I pointed it out anyway.

Comments

• Thanks for the feedback JoeCrystal. We'll take a look.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Hi MSEAndrea,

I see you started the below thread and the response from almost everyone was that the sub-board was pointless and the one person who wanted to keep it didn't give a reason. Is it going to be removed?

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5909686

Alex
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,040
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 12 November 2018 at 9:03PM
    And don't forget that we have asked this several times over the years. So, it isnt a new subject.

Plus, if you need further reasons on why it should not exist, you just have to look at the top 10 threads (ignoring the merge thread) in the forum. Only 3 of the 10 were to do with auto-enrolment. The other 7 were misposts and should have been in the main pension section. And because they were not in the main pension section, they got barely any responses. Often not getting a satisfactory answer or any answer which they would have done if they were in the main pension section.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • JoeCrystal
    JoeCrystal Posts: 3,001
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hi MSEAndrea,

Any update on this? We had another poster not getting any answers since no one checks the subforum, unfortunately.
  • Aretnap
    Aretnap Posts: 5,177
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Bump!

In the last two months only 9 threads in the subforum have seen any posts at all - time to go ahead and merge?
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Bump, any update from MSE?
  • JoeCrystal
    Forumite
    Bump. Any joy on merging the Auto-enrollment forum with Pension forum or is it not possible after all?
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,631
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    If not a merge how about close & refer as it definitely isn't working?
  • JoeCrystal
    Forumite
    Bump. Any joy on merging the Auto-enrollment forum with Pension forum? I got into a habit of reposting the same comment every time someone post in the sub forum!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback