Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JoeCrystal
    • By JoeCrystal 15th Oct 18, 1:32 PM
    • 1,478Posts
    • 926Thanks
    JoeCrystal
    Auto-enrolment forum is pointless
    • 15th Oct 18, 1:32 PM
    Auto-enrolment forum is pointless 15th Oct 18 at 1:32 PM
    Hi,

I would like to highlight my concern with this Auto-enrolment forum. Is it possible to merge the threads in this forum with Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning forum since it would mean that posters will no longer post in Auto-enrolment forum therefore getting a far better chance getting the answers from the posters.

It is just I hardly see anyone viewing the Auto-enrolment and it is unfair for the posters who post in Auto-enrolment forum not to get any response or response in few days in which they may forget about to check in the future.

I thought I pointed it out anyway.
Page 1
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 15th Oct 18, 1:48 PM
    • 9,265 Posts
    • 22,117 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    • 15th Oct 18, 1:48 PM
    • 15th Oct 18, 1:48 PM
    Thanks for the feedback JoeCrystal. We'll take a look.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 10th Nov 18, 7:01 PM
    • 3,633 Posts
    • 2,970 Thanks
    Alexland
    • 10th Nov 18, 7:01 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 7:01 PM
    Hi MSEAndrea,

I see you started the below thread and the response from almost everyone was that the sub-board was pointless and the one person who wanted to keep it didn't give a reason. Is it going to be removed?

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5909686

Alex
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 12th Nov 18, 12:41 PM
    • 95,824 Posts
    • 63,534 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 12th Nov 18, 12:41 PM
    • 12th Nov 18, 12:41 PM
    And don't forget that we have asked this several times over the years. So, it isnt a new subject.

Plus, if you need further reasons on why it should not exist, you just have to look at the top 10 threads (ignoring the merge thread) in the forum. Only 3 of the 10 were to do with auto-enrolment. The other 7 were misposts and should have been in the main pension section. And because they were not in the main pension section, they got barely any responses. Often not getting a satisfactory answer or any answer which they would have done if they were in the main pension section.
    Last edited by dunstonh; 12-11-2018 at 9:03 PM.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

173Posts Today

1,231Users online

Martin's Twitter