Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hoxtonbabe
    • By hoxtonbabe 13th Oct 18, 10:14 PM
    • 447Posts
    • 124Thanks
    hoxtonbabe
    Fabb ( wel not so fabb!) sofas
    • 13th Oct 18, 10:14 PM
    Fabb ( wel not so fabb!) sofas 13th Oct 18 at 10:14 PM
    Hi,

I purchased a sofa last December, when it was delivered one arm was creaking like the wood was split so they ordered a new arm and changed it, then one day a few months later the legs gave way on the same side as the repaired arm and they repaired it ( although I was initially asking for a refund but they didnít seem to want to play ball and I was without a useable sofa)

A few weeks after that they went into administration, however I took out the 5 year cover that covers spills, breakage , dents, etc. Once again the same leg has given way and has actually become dangerous as it just collapses as we sit on it so no warning itís going to go!

I paid by debit card and unfit for purpose is an understatement however Iím Unsure as to where I stand on this/my best option of recourse due to fabb going bust.

Many thanks
Page 1
    • bris
    • By bris 13th Oct 18, 10:18 PM
    • 7,954 Posts
    • 6,948 Thanks
    bris
    • 13th Oct 18, 10:18 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 10:18 PM
    Who is the warranty with? Is it an in house warranty or an insurance backed one?

If it's the later then give them a call and take it from there. If it's in house then there is nothing that can be done. Debit card can't help.
    • hoxtonbabe
    • By hoxtonbabe 17th Oct 18, 12:18 PM
    • 447 Posts
    • 124 Thanks
    hoxtonbabe
    • 17th Oct 18, 12:18 PM
    • 17th Oct 18, 12:18 PM
    Sorry for the delayed replY. Flu is a pain!

It says on the back “your care plan has been arranged by stainguard warranty group”
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 17th Oct 18, 12:29 PM
    • 11,089 Posts
    • 4,806 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 17th Oct 18, 12:29 PM
    • 17th Oct 18, 12:29 PM
    Then contact Stainguard .
    • hoxtonbabe
    • By hoxtonbabe 17th Oct 18, 12:32 PM
    • 447 Posts
    • 124 Thanks
    hoxtonbabe
    • 17th Oct 18, 12:32 PM
    • 17th Oct 18, 12:32 PM
    I have and they are saying because it’s structural and under one year they won’t do it.

It doesn’t say anything on the paperwork I received about it needing to be more than a year or not including structural. It says accidental breakage, Dents or chips so I’m a bit lost on where to go from here
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,050Posts Today

8,160Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Agreed but by marketing it as cough specific people think there's something extra so they buy this rather than gene? https://t.co/hATY3W8Yia

• Good news for those aggressively criticising this poll and trying to pull it apart. I've just got off a 3 way call? https://t.co/Pu750aktyg

• a) I dont believe it is misleading b) I don't believe my poll is badly worded, and certainly don't know it is. If? https://t.co/0DduzIaHBk

• Follow Martin