Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CallemH
    • By CallemH 13th Oct 18, 7:19 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    CallemH
    Missed / Late Payment Marker Advice - No Credit Agreement
    • 13th Oct 18, 7:19 PM
    Missed / Late Payment Marker Advice - No Credit Agreement 13th Oct 18 at 7:19 PM
    Hi all.

I have a personal account with transport business Addison Lee. I had an invoice issued which is due for 15th. I won't have the funds until 16th and are worried I might get a late or missed payment marker on my credit file.

Some things to note;

1. Addison Lee is not an account on my credit file and have had it for 10 months now so it would have appeared by now.

2. I never signed a credit agreement with them. They performed a credit check on opening the account but I never electronically signed a credit agreement.

3. They have terms and conditions for the account with things like late payment interest on the invoice etc. but like I said never signed a Consumer Credit Act document. Could this still be classed as something to be reported as a credit account with markers even if I didn't sign anything directly?

I am scared that all of a sudden they will appear on my credit file with a late / missed payment marker. Can they legally do this and by not signing a credit agreement could I have it removed if it did happen?

Thanks!

Callum
Page 1
    • stevenhp1987
    • By stevenhp1987 13th Oct 18, 7:38 PM
    • 738 Posts
    • 570 Thanks
    stevenhp1987
    • 13th Oct 18, 7:38 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 7:38 PM
    If it's not appearing on your credit file now, then I doubt it will.

I would be surprised if they mark anything down as late for 1 day! You might get a phone call (automated) and if you are going to pay the full balance the following day, I very much doubt they will do anything further.

You might be better off giving them a call saying you will be a day late in paying them. Most companies prefer you to be pro-active and engaging rather than ignoring them and worrying over nothing.
    • T-G-C
    • By T-G-C 13th Oct 18, 7:44 PM
    • 477 Posts
    • 227 Thanks
    T-G-C
    • 13th Oct 18, 7:44 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 7:44 PM
    Addison Lee are not a creditor. I have used them and do not have a credit file account. It is no different to eBay fees, where an invoice is generated and there is a set time frame to clear it.

Of course, agreeing to a product or service and then using it, followed through with the invoice, means that there is an enforceable contract, with the business having the legal right to pass it to a debt collection firm, although 24 hours late would not result in this, of course.

A credit check does not mean signing a credit agreement. If Addison Lee do not present an on-screen or written agreement, regulated under the Consumer Credit Act and subsequently signed, I cannot see how it would be right for them to report it to the credit reference agencies regardless. That being said, I would not be able to confidently confirm that, having not read the law in this aspect.
    Advice provided from this account does not consist of any professional knowledge. For professional debt advice, please contact either National Debtline or StepChange. Advice may consist of personal experience, opinion and/or informational sources.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,206Posts Today

7,314Users online

Martin's Twitter