Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • greedbay
    • By greedbay 13th Oct 18, 5:16 PM
    • 120Posts
    • 50Thanks
    greedbay
    Quickest time to get my money back for item not received.
    • 13th Oct 18, 5:16 PM
    Quickest time to get my money back for item not received. 13th Oct 18 at 5:16 PM
    I recently purchased an item from a seller. I doubt I will be getting the item as not only was it incredibly cheap but the seller received 3 negatives for items not received a few hours after I paid for the item.

Item was purchased on Thursday, I plan on filing an item not received as soon as possible, so what is the timeline of a speedy refund.

The seller has 90.8% Positive Feedback, how low would this need to be for him to get banned?
Page 1
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 13th Oct 18, 6:38 PM
    • 12,996 Posts
    • 8,810 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 13th Oct 18, 6:38 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 6:38 PM
    Feedback doesn't mean a seller gets a ban, in fact feedback is nothing these days. Defects and the seller dashboard are king.

As for INR:

Ebay -

A buyer can report that they didn't receive/were unable to collect an item once the item's latest estimated delivery/collection date has passed and for 30 days after the latest estimated delivery/collection date
    Paypal -

Open a Dispute within 180 days of the date on which you made the payment for the purchase you would like to dispute. We may refuse to accept any Dispute that you open in relation to that purchase after the expiry of that period (please be aware of this if you agree a delivery time of an item or performance of a service with the Payment Recipient that falls after the expiry of that period).
    Both require a set period before you can escalate. Ebay is 8 days from opening the dispute and Paypal is 7 days from payment.
    • greedbay
    • By greedbay 13th Oct 18, 6:50 PM
    • 120 Posts
    • 50 Thanks
    greedbay
    • 13th Oct 18, 6:50 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 6:50 PM
    Cheers for the info, item is expected to arrive on Thursday, so I'll file the item not received on that day.

I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt but his negatives don't make him sound too trusting.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 13th Oct 18, 7:29 PM
    • 12,996 Posts
    • 8,810 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 13th Oct 18, 7:29 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 7:29 PM
    Cheers for the info, item is expected to arrive on Thursday, so I'll file the item not received on that day.

I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt but his negatives don't make him sound too trusting.
    Originally posted by greedbay
    For eBay you will need to file it the day after and then it's 8 days for escalation (and usually another 48 hours before refund).

For Paypal you can file it now and escalate 7 days from payment (they can take 0-48 hours to refund).

If you were looking for the quickest, you seem to have overlooked it.
    • TKPeters
    • By TKPeters 13th Oct 18, 8:10 PM
    • 1,850 Posts
    • 1,022 Thanks
    TKPeters
    • 13th Oct 18, 8:10 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 8:10 PM
    Have you actually logged into your Paypal account & checked the payment?

I've seen a lot of scams where the item is cheap & being sold on a hijacked eBay account.
    The payment is sent to a dead email address without a Paypal account & the payment will state "Unclaimed" & there will be a cancel option.

I believe the scammer later add the email address to a Paypal account & withdraw the funds, although any buyer would claim INR & the funds would be held, so the scam doesn't make any sense.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,392Posts Today

8,079Users online

Martin's Twitter