Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nicakbari
    • By nicakbari 13th Oct 18, 4:11 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    nicakbari
    UKCPS Scam
    • 13th Oct 18, 4:11 PM
    UKCPS Scam 13th Oct 18 at 4:11 PM
    Last week I received a letter from UKCPS demanding 100 - 60 if paid within 14 days. It says the Period Of Parking as 104 Minutes, and the reason for the issue: Beyond a Stipulated time limit
    I was pretty sure that the car park sign indicated a time limit of up two hours, Today I finally find time to drive all the way back to car park and in fact it says 2 hours maximum stay. Last time I checked 104 Minutes is less than 2 Hours. I was just wondering if it is worth writing back to them and include with my so called appeal an invoice for the inconvenience they caused and time and the cost of going back to the site to check the signage. Any Advice please
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 13th Oct 18, 4:24 PM
    • 11,226 Posts
    • 11,793 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 13th Oct 18, 4:24 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 4:24 PM
    Any Advice please
    Originally posted by nicakbari
    Send the blue text appeal you'll find already written for you in post #1 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.

Send it unchanged - no additions or alterations necessary.

Send it as the keeper.

At the same time complain to the store management or the retail park management, as appropriate.

What is the date of the alleged transgression?
    What is the date of the Notice to Keeper?
    Last edited by KeithP; 13-10-2018 at 4:26 PM.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 13th Oct 18, 4:26 PM
    • 2,394 Posts
    • 2,923 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 13th Oct 18, 4:26 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 4:26 PM
    where you supposed to get a ticket or enter your vrn in a terminal in shop etc

if you where , and you did not , then 104 minutes exceeds the 10 min grace period on the site , and you would have stayed "Beyond a Stipulated time limit"
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 13th Oct 18, 5:24 PM
    • 10,691 Posts
    • 10,079 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    • 13th Oct 18, 5:24 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 5:24 PM
    where you supposed to get a ticket or enter your vrn in a terminal in shop etc

if you where , and you did not , then 104 minutes exceeds the 10 min grace period on the site , and you would have stayed "Beyond a Stipulated time limit"
    Originally posted by twhitehousescat
    Yes, good point. You need to check and photograph the whole sign conditions.
    • nicakbari
    • By nicakbari 13th Oct 18, 5:33 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nicakbari
    • 13th Oct 18, 5:33 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 5:33 PM
    I was just looking for advice to find out if there would be any point to submit an invoice and if so what would be an reasonable amount.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 13th Oct 18, 5:34 PM
    • 11,226 Posts
    • 11,793 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 13th Oct 18, 5:34 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 5:34 PM
    I was just looking for advice to find out if there would be any point to submit an invoice and if so what would be an reasonable amount.
    No point in doing that.
    • nicakbari
    • By nicakbari 13th Oct 18, 5:35 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nicakbari
    • 13th Oct 18, 5:35 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 5:35 PM
    No there is nothing on sign to indicate that the VRN needed to be recorded any where, I would have uploaded the photo but do not know how
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 13th Oct 18, 5:40 PM
    • 2,394 Posts
    • 2,923 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 13th Oct 18, 5:40 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 5:40 PM
    No there is nothing on sign to indicate that the VRN needed to be recorded any where, I would have uploaded the photo but do not know how
    you use tinipocs or whatever , then just paste the link in , dont click on add pic etc , when pzasted , change http to something like hxxp
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • nicakbari
    • By nicakbari 13th Oct 18, 6:00 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nicakbari
    • 13th Oct 18, 6:00 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 6:00 PM
    Tried but got this message
    The following errors occurred with your submission:
    Sorry as a new user you are not allowed to post with links. This is done to stop spammers clogging up the site. Please edit your message below to continue
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 13th Oct 18, 6:11 PM
    • 2,394 Posts
    • 2,923 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    that is because you left http , instead of changing it to hxxp or something , or you tried to "add" a photo/pic
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 13th Oct 18, 6:22 PM
    • 11,226 Posts
    • 11,793 Thanks
    KeithP
    Tried but got this message
    The following errors occurred with your submission:
    Sorry as a new user you are not allowed to post with links. This is done to stop spammers clogging up the site. Please edit your message below to continue
    Well this person managed it this afternoon:

Why can't you?

P.s. I found that post by sticking hxxp in the forum's search facility.

Well worth getting to know that search facility.
    Last edited by KeithP; 13-10-2018 at 6:28 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,707Posts Today

7,408Users online

Martin's Twitter