Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • triin27
    • By triin27 13th Oct 18, 4:11 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 1Thanks
    triin27
    Should I just pay the 85 ParkingEye fine?
    • 13th Oct 18, 4:11 PM
    Should I just pay the 85 ParkingEye fine? 13th Oct 18 at 4:11 PM
    I have spent several hours reading this forum and now realise how stupidly I have acted in regard to a 85 parking fine I received on 14 Aug from ParkingEye. I did a quick online search at the time and came across advise to ignore the letters which obviously must have been couple of years old.

I have now received a "letter before county court claim" dated 5 Oct. The parking was entirely my fault, I stayed in a shopping centre car park for 10 hours which I though was free but is actually limited to 4 hours. There are numerous signs around the car park but because across the road there is another free car park without any limitations it didn't even occur to me to read any of them.

I understand that I could wait for the court date but to be honest I really have no case to put forward. My case in highly similar to ParkingEye v Beavis, I overstayed for a long period and didn't do any shopping on the day. I really see no way the ruling could be in my favour. Would it make sense in my case to just pay the fine rather than deal with the hassle of going to court with little prospect of winning? I am quite stretched at the moment financially so I would need to pay the fine in installments but would the best way to go about this by filling in the "reply form" that came along with the LBCCC? Or should I approach ParkingEye in some other way?
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Oct 18, 4:35 PM
    • 37,584 Posts
    • 84,527 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 13th Oct 18, 4:35 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 4:35 PM
    Do Parking Lie know the identity of The Driver? If not, you might want to change your original post to only tell what The Driver did. The Driver and The Keeper are two different people.

A lot will depend on what date The Keeper received the NTK, and whether the signs meet the requirements of the BPA CoP.
    If The Driver thought they were in a different, or free car park, then perhaps the signage was inadequate and may not therefore have been entirely the fault of The Driver.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 13-10-2018 at 4:37 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 13th Oct 18, 4:47 PM
    • 1,949 Posts
    • 2,412 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 13th Oct 18, 4:47 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 4:47 PM
    8.50 an hour for parking , hell in central london I would take there offer up every day of the week!
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,882Posts Today

9,248Users online

Martin's Twitter