Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • freebiefan
    • By freebiefan 13th Oct 18, 3:01 PM
    • 94Posts
    • 114Thanks
    freebiefan
    Royal Mail Large Letter Delivery Confirmation
    • 13th Oct 18, 3:01 PM
    Royal Mail Large Letter Delivery Confirmation 13th Oct 18 at 3:01 PM
    I was wondering if anyone knows anything about when the Royal Mail Confirmation of Delivery is likely to be rolled out on large letters.

I send a lot of large letters containing inexpensive items which are not worth the cost of me sending them recorded delivery.

I have noticed for a while that the 2D barcodes on small parcels provide a confirmation of delivery and to get this on the large letters too would be so helpful.

I buy my postage either on eBay or Click and Drop and have yet to have this facility.

I find that I get a a few items which the buyer claims have not arrived. Usually they contact me the day before the item is required for a birthday present and say it has not turned up!

I feel that delivery confirmation on large letters would be a big help in cutting down on these problems.
    Last edited by freebiefan; 13-10-2018 at 3:03 PM.
Page 1
    • custardy
    • By custardy 13th Oct 18, 3:27 PM
    • 34,142 Posts
    • 29,020 Thanks
    custardy
    • 13th Oct 18, 3:27 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 3:27 PM
    I doubt it will be soon.
    I expect them to be happy with 2D scanning performance on parcels
    • soolin
    • By soolin 13th Oct 18, 4:34 PM
    • 61,175 Posts
    • 43,727 Thanks
    soolin
    • 13th Oct 18, 4:34 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 4:34 PM
    I live in hope as well, but like custardy says I suspect it may well be a while yet.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,103Posts Today

7,013Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Many saying sexism or ego. My suspicion as someone who works in TV is that this is a format point. I'd think whe? https://t.co/AXfrv5YqKA

• I do always ponder when watching apprentice why Lord Sugar is "Lord Sugar" but Baroness Bradey is Karen. #bbctheapprentice

• Lord Sugar just said "she's talking like she's a 50 year old, she knows it inside out?" Genuine question if ther? https://t.co/6cZJ9d2Cni

• Follow Martin