Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wangbadan
    • By wangbadan 13th Oct 18, 2:24 PM
    • 18Posts
    • 4Thanks
    wangbadan
    Comments for POPLA
    • 13th Oct 18, 2:24 PM
    Comments for POPLA 13th Oct 18 at 2:24 PM
    Duplicate thread - please ignore

Hi there,

So my appeal just came back from POPLA with the evidence pack from the PPC. My original appeal was on four grounds:

1) No breach of contract (relates to inaccurate info provided by the vendor (university)).
    2) Unlawful charge - Three duplicate PCNs issued for one single parking event (the car was not moved between each PCN)
    3) No evidence of landowner authority
    4) Inadequate signage

The PPC have sent in a bunch of additional photos, none of which seem to counter my claims on point 4. They also sent a copy of the contract (redacted), plus a generic overall statement (which is an exact copy of another one I found on here). It includes this line: "The appellant has failed to provide us with a full name and serviceable address of the driver at the time of contravention, we have now invoked keeper liability." This is inaccurate and does not relate at all to my case, as I (stupidly) provided my info in my original appeal, not knowing any better. Clearly, the PPC has simply attached pics of my car to a copy paste statement. I don't feel that their 'evidence' is comprehensive enough to counter all of my points.

My question is: what approach should I take in providing my comments to give the best impression on POPLA? Is there a specific process to follow? And should my tone be suitably firm and point out their errors and poor attention to detail?

TIA for any tips.
    Last edited by wangbadan; 13-10-2018 at 4:05 PM. Reason: Duplicate thread - please ignore
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 13th Oct 18, 3:10 PM
    • 11,190 Posts
    • 11,752 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 13th Oct 18, 3:10 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 3:10 PM
    Please copy this post on to your existing thread.

Having done that, can you please edit the above post to say something like:

Duplicate thread - please ignore

Thank you.
    • wangbadan
    • By wangbadan 13th Oct 18, 4:05 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    wangbadan
    • 13th Oct 18, 4:05 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 4:05 PM
    ok, all done!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,311Posts Today

7,454Users online

Martin's Twitter