Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Geordiefella
    • By Geordiefella 13th Oct 18, 2:21 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Geordiefella
    Ex won't accept old sca arrears in full
    • 13th Oct 18, 2:21 PM
    Ex won't accept old sca arrears in full 13th Oct 18 at 2:21 PM
    Hi I'm new to this so bare with me, to cut a long story short, I'm on the new Cms paying direct to the mother of my child, and got a letter to say I had arrears of 1200, iv offered to pay the balance in full and she would rather have the extra every month, can she do this. I'd rather pay the balance outstanding in one go and continue with the payments I make.

Any advice is would be appreciated.
Page 1
    • HoneyNutLoop
    • By HoneyNutLoop 13th Oct 18, 7:41 PM
    • 519 Posts
    • 408 Thanks
    HoneyNutLoop
    • 13th Oct 18, 7:41 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 7:41 PM
    Call the CSA or CMS (whichever is currently responsible for collecting the arrears) and tell them you want to pay it in full. They will either take a card payment from you then and there or will schedule it. They won’t turn down a lump sum payment.
    I often use a tablet to post, so sometimes my posts will have random letters inserted, or entirely the wrong word if autocorrect is trying to wind me up. Hopefully you'll still know what I mean.
    • WYSPECIAL
    • By WYSPECIAL 14th Oct 18, 8:05 AM
    • 361 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    WYSPECIAL
    • 14th Oct 18, 8:05 AM
    • 14th Oct 18, 8:05 AM
    Do you owe the money to her or the Secretary of State? It may not actually be going to her but as HoneyNutLoop has said the CSA aren't going to turn it down.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,644Posts Today

8,527Users online

Martin's Twitter