Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • graycells
    • By graycells 13th Oct 18, 1:36 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 1Thanks
    graycells
    Euro Car parks PCN
    • 13th Oct 18, 1:36 PM
    Euro Car parks PCN 13th Oct 18 at 1:36 PM
    I have been trying to read/search the forums for information, and I know you guys must be sick to death of these kinds of posts, but I'm really confused over what to do.

A driver in my household has been sent a PCN from Euro car parks saying they overstayed by half an hour-ish. They may have overstayed by a little while, but doubt very much it was for half an hour.

They were in the car park of a restaurant, at which they were meeting a friend for drinks. Friend paid, so driver has no proof of being in the restaurant. Driver also thinks they have thrown the parking display ticket out ):

Should driver just pay 45 to shut them up? We have emailed head office of the restaurant chain and waiting for a reply. Manager of restaurant said the car park was nothing to do with them and he couldn't help.
    Last edited by graycells; 14-10-2018 at 7:02 PM.
Page 1
    • graycells
    • By graycells 13th Oct 18, 8:32 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    graycells
    • 13th Oct 18, 8:32 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 8:32 PM
    Realised I've posted this in the wrong forum...wish a mod would move it but as it hasn't happened so far, I'll repost it myself
    • Crabman
    • By Crabman 13th Oct 18, 11:25 PM
    • 9,711 Posts
    • 7,146 Thanks
    Crabman
    • 13th Oct 18, 11:25 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 11:25 PM
    Realised I've posted this in the wrong forum...wish a mod would move it but as it hasn't happened so far, I'll repost it myself
    Originally posted by graycells

Post moved to the Parking sub-board. Next time, consider sending one of the board guides (not "mods") a message to make us aware that you posted in the wrong place
    I'm a Board Guide on the Savings & Investments, ISAs & Tax-free Savings, Public Transport & Cycling, Motoring and Parking Fines, Tickets & Parking Boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board Guides are not moderators & don't read every post. If you spot a contentious or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com

• KeithP
    • By KeithP 13th Oct 18, 11:36 PM
    • 11,189 Posts
    • 11,751 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 13th Oct 18, 11:36 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 11:36 PM
    Time for you to read post #1 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.

In there you will find an already written blue text appeal.

Send that appeal without change - no additions or alterations necessary.

Send it as the keeper.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 13th Oct 18, 11:37 PM
    • 9,172 Posts
    • 9,569 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 13th Oct 18, 11:37 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 11:37 PM
    I have been trying to read/search the forums for information, and I know you guys must be sick to death of these kinds of posts, but I'm really confused over what to do. .
    Originally posted by graycells
    Start by reading the Newbies Sticky at the top of this forum carefully. There is no confusion.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 13th Oct 18, 11:42 PM
    • 20,263 Posts
    • 25,669 Thanks
    Redx
    • 13th Oct 18, 11:42 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 11:42 PM
    and edit your post to remove any hint of who was driving

the DRIVER parked on the day etc

the KEEPER has received the postal paperwork

so no "MY , ME , MYSELF & I"
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • graycells
    • By graycells 14th Oct 18, 7:04 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    graycells
    • 14th Oct 18, 7:04 PM
    • 14th Oct 18, 7:04 PM
    Thanks for the link. I will try and have another read
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,236Posts Today

7,793Users online

Martin's Twitter