Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ChrissieTeacher
    • By ChrissieTeacher 13th Oct 18, 10:00 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ChrissieTeacher
    0 WOW
    Easyjet nightmare to claim expenses following delayed flight
    • 13th Oct 18, 10:00 AM
    0 WOW
    Easyjet nightmare to claim expenses following delayed flight 13th Oct 18 at 10:00 AM
    We were due to fly from London Stansted to Dubrovnik in July and our flight was cancelled -no explanation - just cancelled. EasyJet booked us on the next available flight which was 2 days later and put us up in, firstly a hotel in Stansted and then one near Gatwick, where we eventually flew from.

EasyJet have paid flight delay compensation, so all good there, but I've had a nightmare trying to claim back expenses we incurred during these 2 days due to an administrative error on the Stansted hotel's restaurant till! EasyJet booked us into this hotel and we have tried to claim for our meal on the night of 3 July 2018 (not alcohol, just food and soft drinks). This was the day we were due to fly out to Dubrovnik, but because the till receipt states 2 July 2018, despite endless emails, copies of credit card statements - showing the transaction date of 3 July 2018, 5 phone calls and 4 months of attempting to engage EasyJet in a conversation about this, we have had zero response. There seems to be no 'ombudsman' for such an event - there is for flight delay issues, but not for expenses not paid - unless anyone has information different to this? I am at my wits end at the negligence of EasyJet to honour their commitment. Can anyone help?
Page 1
    • Voyager2002
    • By Voyager2002 13th Oct 18, 12:07 PM
    • 12,435 Posts
    • 8,487 Thanks
    Voyager2002
    • 13th Oct 18, 12:07 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 12:07 PM
    Don't blame Easyjet: they are not liable for anything you spent on 2 July if your flight was scheduled for 3 July. Have you asked the hotel to issue a correct receipt?
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 13th Oct 18, 12:16 PM
    • 3,552 Posts
    • 2,257 Thanks
    jpsartre
    • 13th Oct 18, 12:16 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 12:16 PM
    How much money are we talking about? Is it really worth all this hassle? From easyJet's perspective, I can understand why they won't refund a bill dated a day before your flight. As far as options, you can try to get a correct receipt from the hotel, file a complaint with CEDR or file a money claim online.
    Last edited by jpsartre; 13-10-2018 at 12:23 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,321Posts Today

10,108Users online

Martin's Twitter