Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • elle may
    • By elle may 13th Oct 18, 9:38 AM
    • 218Posts
    • 107Thanks
    elle may
    scam telephone call
    • 13th Oct 18, 9:38 AM
    scam telephone call 13th Oct 18 at 9:38 AM
    Please be aware that a telephone scam is now going around.Twice this week they are saying my ISP provider has been compromised, and they will be disconnecting my internet. Hang up, do not do anything they say. This is in the northeast area as i believe they go from one area to another. It starts with a telephone no 02. Be careful.
Page 1
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 13th Oct 18, 9:44 AM
    • 33,685 Posts
    • 39,808 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 13th Oct 18, 9:44 AM
    • 13th Oct 18, 9:44 AM
    Been happening for ages all over the country..

Nothing new or unique to the north east , it's a random dialler

https://www.hoax-slayer.net/scam-callers-threaten-internet-disconnection/
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • elle may
    • By elle may 13th Oct 18, 9:50 AM
    • 218 Posts
    • 107 Thanks
    elle may
    • 13th Oct 18, 9:50 AM
    • 13th Oct 18, 9:50 AM
    Yes i know, but a reminder to people does not go amiss as not everyone are aware. Like Bank scams.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 13th Oct 18, 10:30 AM
    • 11,095 Posts
    • 4,808 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 13th Oct 18, 10:30 AM
    • 13th Oct 18, 10:30 AM
    Problem is those that fall for these scams do not read your posts .
    They simply mass call the entire UK telephone book .
    Phones from fake numbers as well .
    • carlislelass
    • By carlislelass 13th Oct 18, 11:07 AM
    • 1,734 Posts
    • 4,359 Thanks
    carlislelass
    • 13th Oct 18, 11:07 AM
    • 13th Oct 18, 11:07 AM
    In our area too
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,170Posts Today

7,570Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Pownerpuff: @MartinSLewis thanks to your guidance, my monthly outgoings (bills) are £400 cheaper PER MONTH than they were 2 years ago!!?

• The programme is primarily aimed at parents not kids. But I think mid teens upwards is likely fine https://t.co/SIJczfKJW8

• Even if u don't have kids, Id love u to watch my 10 things ur kids need to know doco tonight ITV 9pm. It mixes mone? https://t.co/YIqNbllX8h

• Follow Martin