Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LizzyD
    • By LizzyD 13th Oct 18, 9:32 AM
    • 28Posts
    • 8Thanks
    LizzyD
    0 WOW
    where to take a complaint next
    • 13th Oct 18, 9:32 AM
    0 WOW
    where to take a complaint next 13th Oct 18 at 9:32 AM
    any advice gratefully received please. i complained to TUI 20th August about the content of a holiday but have still received no reply apart from acknowledgement of complaint. I reminded them ie resent 2 weeks ago , they say they ai to reply within 28 days. where should i direct my complaint next ? ( not a flight delay) many thanks
Page 1
    • dawyldthing
    • By dawyldthing 13th Oct 18, 10:21 PM
    • 3,058 Posts
    • 3,029 Thanks
    dawyldthing
    • 13th Oct 18, 10:21 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 10:21 PM
    Bear in mind once they’ve had your money it will be like getting blood from a stone. Try Twitter or their Facebook page but I wouldn’t harp on them listening tbh
    roll on end of April 2019 *12 done* = *28 to go*
    • Alan Bowen
    • By Alan Bowen 14th Oct 18, 7:02 PM
    • 3,102 Posts
    • 1,562 Thanks
    Alan Bowen
    • 14th Oct 18, 7:02 PM
    • 14th Oct 18, 7:02 PM
    A failure to reply to a customer complaint within 28 days, or give a good explanation of why they cannot do so, is a breach of the ABTA Code of Conduct. There are automatic fixed penalties so it might be worth copying ABTA (30 Park Street London SE1 9EQ) with your complaint and advise them there has been no response at all
    • jimd-f
    • By jimd-f 15th Oct 18, 7:59 AM
    • 163 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    jimd-f
    • 15th Oct 18, 7:59 AM
    • 15th Oct 18, 7:59 AM
    as with all holiday complaints you must give them time to reply. if no reply after 28 days of your reminder then go to ABTA.
    i trust you made a complaint in resort to their rep and have this documented
    • redmalc
    • By redmalc 15th Oct 18, 9:06 PM
    • 1,295 Posts
    • 481 Thanks
    redmalc
    • 15th Oct 18, 9:06 PM
    • 15th Oct 18, 9:06 PM
    You will be lucky to get any joy at all of TUI,they work on the hope you will go away.
    In February we went to Mexico and got a 30 hour delay, we were lied to by the rep regarding availability to stay in our hotel for the extra day and was moved to a dump full of drunken yobs after paying 7k for the original hotel.
    I know they lied because I was offered the room but it would have cost 700 dollars.
    I could have pursued TUI but is life really worth the hassle and more to the point the time involved and I conceded they are just a bunch of liars and Snakes
    • LizzyD
    • By LizzyD 19th Oct 18, 5:49 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    LizzyD
    • 19th Oct 18, 5:49 PM
    • 19th Oct 18, 5:49 PM
    thank you very much for your replies , they are v interesting. i did twitter them and they just sent me the same email address to complain to as i did at the end of august and again in september so will copy abta in next time thank you for the tips
    • k3lvc
    • By k3lvc 19th Oct 18, 5:57 PM
    • 2,409 Posts
    • 4,003 Thanks
    k3lvc
    • 19th Oct 18, 5:57 PM
    • 19th Oct 18, 5:57 PM
    thank you very much for your replies , they are v interesting. i did twitter them and they just sent me the same email address to complain to as i did at the end of august and again in september so will copy abta in next time thank you for the tips
    Originally posted by LizzyD
    This'll be the 'TUICares' twitter account - nothing could be further from the truth - I'm being played off between them and the store with both saying issue is others responsibility. One last chance in store in the morning then it's ABTA (which doesn't seem to bother them into action)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,220Posts Today

7,055Users online

Martin's Twitter