Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mandrake75
    • By mandrake75 13th Oct 18, 9:00 AM
    • 43Posts
    • 29Thanks
    mandrake75
    Ex threatening delaying sale
    • 13th Oct 18, 9:00 AM
    Ex threatening delaying sale 13th Oct 18 at 9:00 AM
    Dear all,

My GFs ex husband (fully divorced with court order for kids and house sale times) is threatening to delay the sale of the house from the divorce until she "gives him a share of the kids benefit money".

She has the kids approx 60/40 split, he spends any money on himself while his retired parents cook all the kids meals, buy clothes, take them to school - a really vile man I'm afraid.

He lives in the marital home as she had to get away from him.

This man has never once paid child maintenance, he is now unemployed and due to this is on his second stint of not paying the interest-only mortgage. The first time was out of sheer spite for ten months despite him working.

The house sale is enshrined in a court order and a buyer is in the sale process.

My question is really.... is him threatening to delay the sale about the benefits legal? Is it financial abuse?

She has threatened him with court after his first bout of not paying the mortgage and that worked until he got fired, and she still has an option to go back to court via fast track - can she go back to court and gain sole control of the remainder of the sale that's going throughout to this threat along with his lack of mortgage payments?

Can she get the mortgage interest payments she had to pay back? He owes her money in the court order for other things too that haven't been paid.

He also wants somewhere flash to live and is also threatening to delay the sale unless he finds somewhere 'up to his standards'

My GF is actually paying private rent AND this 300 pound mortgage to keep her credit rating intact. His rating is shot to pieces.

Thanks for any advice, my GF is at her wits end with this man due to his behaviour during the marriage and all the subsequent period.
Page 1
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 13th Oct 18, 10:11 AM
    • 11,864 Posts
    • 13,842 Thanks
    AnotherJoe
    • 13th Oct 18, 10:11 AM
    • 13th Oct 18, 10:11 AM
    My advice is, get her solicitor to advise.
    Please dont criticise my spelling. It's excellent. Its my typing that's bad.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

96Posts Today

3,114Users online

Martin's Twitter